house + ring, help!

MandMaud

How would you read house + ring?

The other way round, ring + house, I'd say commitment to family or some kind of relationship or partnership at home, or the contract for a house purchase. But I was looking at reasons/causes for how a task would go, and it was house + ring.

My best guess is staying at home because of a commitment/agreement, but this doesn't feel right. Or going round in circles at home (this task has been hanging over me).

Hindsight on this reading hasn't helped at all!
The whole reading:
house ring scythe clouds anchor

For scythe, all that happened is that I made less progress than hoped because I got distracted by other necessary tasks. Nothing dangerous, nothing sudden or painful... didn't even use scissors. ;) In the past I have had scythe mean a quarrel, but we didn't argue. I'd expect mountain for the delay, the task being put off yet again.

and I took house + ring as cause/before, clouds + anchor as results/after.

An attempt at mirroring:
house/anchor, I will feel secure when the household stuff is sorted OR family is the only thing that feels safe;
ring/clouds, I'm committed to being confused? I'm confused about what to commit to?

I assumed the anchor is about the security I'll have once this task is done.

As for making a single sentence from the five cards in order, a narrative - I can't do that at all.

Padma

house ring scythe clouds anchor = how will a certain task go?

House + Ring = recurring issue in the house. No progress, going in circles.

Ring + Scythe = breaking that circle decisively, and taking action.

Scythe + Clouds = getting confused or stuck - progress halted

Clouds + Anchor = progress stuck for a short time time.

How will a certain task go?

The task seems to take place in the house; you had tried over and over again to make progress; you had a bit of a "right, I am going to begin this way, and carry on" moment; this was working for a short time; progress halts for a bit, because of confusion or exhaustion.

Mirror = Anchor + House = a place you will be living for quite some time;

Clouds + Ring = confusion, hamster thoughts, problems, distractions;

Scythe in the middle = problem requires rapid and decisive action, with follow through, in order to reap the benefits.

:) My take :)

Amanda

How would "requirement" or "obligation" fit the Ring, rather than commitment/agreement? Would that make more sense?

House + Ring = Household requirement, OR Household obligation...

Just another thought!

ETA: House + Anchor = Housework?

danieljuk

what was your question or reading about dear Maud? I need a context :)

Padma

Dan, it was buried in the end of the first paragraph (at first I couldn't see it, either!) ;)

How would you read house + ring?

<snip> ...I was looking at reasons/causes for how a task would go, and it was house + ring.

MissNine

Scythe A deciin that needs to happen in order to gain security and stability.

Are you married? That would help me unewest and the ring more.

House mirrors anchor so this could be double reflecting stability. Either in the family or having to do with a home.

Ring mirroring Clouds.... Ring is about a lokping situation and also a committment and conclusions.
Clouds pass by quickly and there's stability and order obtained. It all revolves around a sudden decision or a cut.

Could you be redoing your mortgage, considering a change of home, or a lease renewal?

MandMaud

house ring scythe clouds anchor = how will a certain task go?

House + Ring = recurring issue in the house. No progress, going in circles.

Ring + Scythe = breaking that circle decisively, and taking action.

Scythe + Clouds = getting confused or stuck - progress halted

Clouds + Anchor = progress stuck for a short time time.

How will a certain task go?

The task seems to take place in the house; you had tried over and over again to make progress; you had a bit of a "right, I am going to begin this way, and carry on" moment; this was working for a short time; progress halts for a bit, because of confusion or exhaustion.

Mirror = Anchor + House = a place you will be living for quite some time;

Clouds + Ring = confusion, hamster thoughts, problems, distractions;

Scythe in the middle = problem requires rapid and decisive action, with follow through, in order to reap the benefits.

:) My take :)

That's amazing, that's exactly what happened - your narrative paragraph in the middle there. I'd thought of the ring as the task "circling" but hadn't seen that the scythe could be cutting through it.

But wouldn't mice have turned up, for "hamster thoughts"?

I want to get to the point where I can make a sentence of what's in front of me, but so far I always come up blank. It was this "grammar" aspect that attracted me to the Lenormand method.

MandMaud

How would "requirement" or "obligation" fit the Ring, rather than commitment/agreement? Would that make more sense?

House + Ring = Household requirement, OR Household obligation...

Just another thought!

ETA: House + Anchor = Housework?

Obligation - aha, yes!
Housework, not in this case. It was paperwork rather than housework. :)

MandMaud

Scythe A deciin that needs to happen in order to gain security and stability.
It seems that decision is a usual alternative for scythe? I hadn't realised.

Are you married? That would help me unewest and the ring more.
I'm not, as of 2012. :)

I think "unewest and" is something your phone made up? :D

House mirrors anchor so this could be double reflecting stability. Either in the family or having to do with a home.

Ring mirroring Clouds.... Ring is about a lokping situation and also a committment and conclusions.
Clouds pass by quickly and there's stability and order obtained. It all revolves around a sudden decision or a cut.

Could you be redoing your mortgage, considering a change of home, or a lease renewal?

I think I've read that clouds are a passing thing - unlike mountain - is this correct?

I have decided to move in several years' time, not very soon. The task was paperwork about a claim I may make against someone who did work on the house (must decide whether it will be worth doing so). Hm... house + ring could refer to that claim? Though it's only a potential, and in the future. But I suppose as "past", it was the cause of the task...