Which way the significators facing in a GT ?

Sharla

Some people think that cards above the querent's significator are in the waking consciousness, or "on the mind" of the querent, while those below are in the querent's subconscious. Others think that the cards above exert more of an influence on the querent, while the querent can bring more influence to bear on those below. Since I don't inject much in the way of psychological meaning into Lenormand interpretation, I would go with the latter. The person represented by the significator above would be in a strongly influential position of some sort regarding the querent.

What about if the person above the significator is not even known to the querent, would this then be the same of being in a strong influential position to the querent ?
Because this also brings the 2 significators together in the column that is supposed to represent the present, so if the male is unknown to the querent how can this be ?

Barleywine

What about if the person above the significator is not even known to the querent, would this then be the same of being in a strong influential position to the querent ?
Because this also brings the 2 significators together in the column that is supposed to represent the present, so if the male is unknown to the querent how can this be ?

As I said, I don't use the PPF approach with the GT, just proximity and direction, so all this is telling me is that sometime within the active period of the reading - probably in the next six months to a year - there should be someone of the indicated gender close to the querent who exerts considerable influence. It doesn't have to be a love interest unless the question was specifically about that.