HELP:About cartomancy

EtherialShaman

I'm a newbie in cartomancy... I dont know why some fortune teller who uses cartomancy seems to be very good... I'm observing them and I think that they can relate every card... I'm so eager to learn how thay do that... Do I have to go to a Cartomancy class or can I learn it in my own... Can anyone help me about this???

Rosanne

Welcome to the Forum EtherialShaman! I have always thought Cartomancy was divination by PLaying cards. Do you mean playing cards or Tarot? The answer to your question is the same for both. You can learn by yourself, without going to a school. Here at this forum is like a school in many ways- there is lots of information and sharing of it. What sort of cards do the fortune tellers you have seen use? What type of cards do you like? Can you go buy a set and try? Tell us about what you want to know. ~Rosanne

Sheri

Welcome, EtherialShaman! :D

You have come to right place if you would like to learn about reading with playing cards. Right now, there are several great systems being used here. I personally read with playing cards (I took a poker deck out of a Texas Hold 'Em poker set) using the Hedgewytchery method.

The link below is to a thread that has some good general information about some experiences and websites that have playing card based systems, including the Hedgewytchery site that I learned from. I liked it as a beginner because many of the meanings were in a rhyme format and easier for me to remember. :)

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=64839

Please feel free to grab the nearest pack of cards and start experimenting! Once you have been here at least a week and have 25 posts (or become a subscriber), there are several Daily Draw threads in Oracle Readings that are associated with playing cards, so feel free to post to any (or all) of them...or start your own.

I am looking forward to participating in the playing card threads with you and learning from your perspective on the various methods should you decide to dive in!

valeria

EtherialShaman

Thanksss

Thanks alot everyone... I hope to learn more and I know that I will because there are helpful people like you... Anyway I'm using an ordinary playing cards but I really dont know how to relate and read them but I'll use the information you've given me thanks alot... ^_^