MARKSALOT...REMOVING from cards

greatdane

OK, I accidentally got black Marksalot on the back of a deck that had black and white backs and it wasn't horribly noticeable, but bugged me. The deck is a coated cardboard kind of stock and I read toothpaste....so I took a dab of toothpaste and patiently and gently removed and it's almost all gone, not the card, the Marksalot.
I am not saying this will work for all decks or all stock! But it did work for this deck and the cardstock didn't seem worse for wear.

delizt

hey, that's great tip!! I've messed up more decks, wonder if it'll work on a black sharpie mark?

greatdane

Well, Delizt

I was using an angled LARGE JUMBO Marksalot and while not perfect, I didn't want to keep rubbing, I was amazed a lot came off within seconds. The trick is that you have to be sure of the cardstock, this was at least coated and second, less is more. I put just a BIT on a piece of tissue, gently rubbed thinking oh...yeah...this'll work (sarcasm) and then looked at the tissue and there was black ink on it. It helped the backs are black and white patterned.

Grizabella

Ta Dah! To the rescue!

My oldest son does photo restoration and he told me to use alcohol to remove Sharpie marker. It really works. I've removed Sharpie from cards and furniture and alcohol works very quickly and never harms the surfaces I've used it on. If alcohol removes Sharpie marks from photos without harm to the photo, that's a big deal.

WhiteWolfy

Ta Dah! To the rescue!

My oldest son does photo restoration and he told me to use alcohol to remove Sharpie marker. It really works. I've removed Sharpie from cards and furniture and alcohol works very quickly and never harms the surfaces I've used it on. If alcohol removes Sharpie marks from photos without harm to the photo, that's a big deal.

Thanks for the tip!! I'm going to give it a try, i managed to get some Sharpie on the back of one of my Golden Rider tarot cards so every time i use them the Hanged Man which has the sharpie mark on it sticks out like a sore thumb :laugh:

celticnoodle

Ta Dah! To the rescue!

great tip, Griz! thanks. I use Sharpies all the time. I once got some on our wooden bar table that separates the dining room and kitchen. I was heartbroken. But, I used a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser and it came off in a breeze! But, its also nice to know that alcohol works too.

hey, that's great tip!! I've messed up more decks, wonder if it'll work on a black sharpie mark?
(see above)

Greatdane, I've never tried the Marksalot markers--but its good to know too--IF I need to correct things on the cards and make a mistake--toothpaste to the rescue! :D

Babalon Jones

yup I can verify that rubbing alcohol on a q tip will remove most permanent markers