Wildwood Tarot issues...

gregory

I love this deck, and what has helped me read with it is to ignore the LWB. The more I do that, the more the cards seem to open up.
Do that. Because the book is the book from the Greenwood, altered very little, to the extent that many of the actual card descriptions don't even match the cards. (Take a look at the Archer, for perhaps the most startling example.) A very bad decision there; they should have written a book for the deck. The book makes no sense along with the Wildwood cards - which are nice cards, and very readable but, used along with the book, more than a little confusing !

Smiling

Thanks, Gregory. I think it was actually you that gave me an early heads up about the LWB in another thread a while back. It's true that the book is confusing. Also, these cards I think, for me, work well for intuitive reads in general.

LindaMechele

How about asking it why it's doing this, Silviannes? Maybe do a reading on that question and see what it says.

But if keeping it put away works, then go for it. I've done that before - "told" a deck, "Fine. You don't want to play nice with me, then back into purgatory for you." :joke: When I took it back out, the readings were a lot better.

silviannes

How about asking it why it's doing this, Silviannes? Maybe do a reading on that question and see what it says.

But if keeping it put away works, then go for it. I've done that before - "told" a deck, "Fine. You don't want to play nice with me, then back into purgatory for you." :joke: When I took it back out, the readings were a lot better.

The deck had said when I first posted this that it doesn't think that I am taking the advice it gives seriously. It is an issue of mine to actually DO things to help myself instead of being stuck in the planning phase (yet I am superwoman for everyone else!) and it was frustrated that I always change my mind on things I do for myself. It has been in "time out" for a while. I will not use it again until I feel I am ready and that I can not only get myself to act on the advice given better but I also felt I needed to learn my own way of reading the cards before taking it out.