Thoughts I had about performing readings.

StealTheVibe

When looking at the direction that the people in the cards are facing: What if you take into account wheter the querent is left or right handed?

What if you turned all of the people to face the querent's dominant or non-dominant hands?

what would it change about the reading?

violetdaisy

If you turned all of the people toward the dominant hand of the querant it would reverse some cards which if you read reversals would change the meaning.

Tanga

When looking at the direction that the people in the cards are facing: What if you take into account wheter the querent is left or right handed?

What if you turned all of the people to face the querent's dominant or non-dominant hands?

Why do that? (what are your thoughts behind it).
And - what then, about all the people in-between? Variations of ambidexterity (like me who writes with my left but does most everything else with my right. Or people who right with their right because they were forced to... but are really leftie... or ??).

You'd be adding extra permutations to the reading - as said - some cards would end up
reversed.

StealTheVibe

yes, reading reversals.

I was thinking more a long the lines of if the cards are facing towards:
Dominant hand= Active|actions; What the person is doing/needs to alter physically
Recessive hand= Passive|intentions; what the person is thinking/needs to alter mentally

i almost forgot i made this post because i wrote it while almost half asleep.

violetdaisy

That could work for a spread created to address those issues, but may not as well for structured spreads with definitions for each position. I would think that the spread would be be best if it were at least 6 cards and an even number ( to allow for equal distribution if needed).

nisaba

How would we even know that about them?

I can't see how you would do that unless you changed their position in the reading. Then the reading wouldn't work, because they came out in the positions they were meant to come out in. Just my thought - your mileage may differ.

SunChariot

Of course there is no right of wrong way to read. If something calls to you go for it.

This question doesn't apply to me, as I do not read in person. As the querent is never with me when I read I would have no way to know if they were right-handed or left-handed.

But here are my opinions all the same.

Once you decide on the method you choose to use and use it consistently, whatever that is, the right cards will come up to give you the accurate message in the right way. No matter how you choose to read, this will happen. The cards will work to get you the message using whatever way you choose.

If you change the method, it may be that you will get different cards to tell you the message you might have gotten differently with the first method, but the right cards will come up to tell you what you need to know either way. They may just be different cards. Or they may come up reversed in the new method where they may have been upright in the old one...things like that could happen.

But, if you decided to change on the spur of the moment, meaning if you had in mind to do the reading using the first method, and then AFTER the cards were chosen decided to read them using a different method it would likely result in a confusion and things wouldn;t make proper sense. If the cards were chosen with the intention of using one method, I don't think they can accurately be read using a different one.

But if you decide a method beforehand and are consistent, it should work just as well.

Babs

Apollonia

My first thought on this is that it would unnecessarily complicate the reading. A skilled reader can get everything they need from 78 cards and one spread (even one card) without having to complicate the reading in this manner. And I personally think the method you describe would be prone to mistakes over time. (It's a pretty left brain approach, too, and IMO logic is generally the enemy of a really good reading.)

My second thought is I wonder what you would do if I showed up in your reading room, as I am ambidextrous.