Horrid Fae Reading

caridwen

Don't know if this is in the right place.

I did a three card reading today and received some disturbing cards:

G. Hobyah/Gawtcha/Glanconer

I asked the faeries what message they had for me and that was it. To me it means some surprise that stems from fear is coming my way, possibly through self illusion. Can anyone help as this is worrying?

Satori

G. Hobyah/Gawtcha/Glanconer

I love all three of these fae. Although the Glanconer is not as lovable as the others.

G. Hobyah asks you to take a new perspective on something. A new look. A focused look.

Gawtcha lets you know you too are being watched. That your higher self sees what you do when you are alone and no one else sees you. That no matter what it is, innocent or not so innocent, you are accountable. Gawtcha for me is the witness fae. She bears witness whether she wants to or not. She cannot look away. She must bear witness to our actions.

Glanconer is trying to trip you up.
He is a trickster for sure, and he loves to cause a bit of a turbulence in your own self belief, in your own self image and in your view of how things really are.

These are my personal definitions for these Fae.
Hope they help.

SunChariot

I don't think they meant to give you a horrid reading. I have always known the faeries to be very very kind and loving.

G. Hobyah (which btw if you sound it out becomes "Phobia", if you let the "gh" make an "f" sound as in "laugh") to me means just that. Phobia: meaning generally that you are very worried about something needlessly, there is not real cause, things are not as bad as they seem. Although for more specifics, and for all the cards, talk to him and the other faeries and ask.:grin:

And I believe the Glanconer is usually there just to tell you, that you are misunderstanding/misjudging something/someone. It or they is/are not in reality what/how they seem to you right now. Good Faeries/ Bad Faeries says something like he is there to tell us we are "under a faery glamour" where negative things seem positive and positive things seem negative...I think as for the basic message, it just means to know there is something in your life right now that you are not seeing clearly, look for it, be open to seeing in new ways through new eyes. And you can always ask again what exactly it is that you are not seeing clearly, for more info. And/or what it is in reality as opposed to what you think it is.

In a way when you think of Gawtcha's image to, the way he is looking out between his fingers, a practice with prevents him from seeing the whole entire picture clearly as those fingers get in the way and obstuct clear vision somewhat.

And this is not a bad reading. If this is all true it ought to be really helpful to see it now.

You thought your reading meant: "some surprise that stems from fear is coming my way, possibly through self illusion." Just perhaps the surprise will be that you find out your fears were unjustified and there was really nothing to fear. Maybe the self-illusion was simply in seeing something fearful in the situation that was not there.

Hey, I just read Elf's post. Cool how we saw a lot of the same themes in your reading!

Hope this helps.

Babs

caridwen

wow! You two have really opened my eyes. I have always liked Gwatcha. I love this fae, I'm not really sure why. I have always seen this fae as the equivalent of the Tarot Tower, but the being watched, being held accountable meaning is a brilliant interpretation.

I don't believe my readings when they are positive, I, like Santana, always see the dark side of life - I'm trying so hard right now not to, I'm really working on being more positive and less cynical but it's difficult. Aren't all spiritual transformations...

I read Gwatcha as a sudden shock. As G. Hobyah as Fear and Glanconer as tripping myself up through illusion. I don't trust the fae as much as you two, I haven't learnt to listen to them properly or take them seriously enough or maybe I take them too seriously and don't have enough fun with them.

Maybe Glanconer is telling me that I am projecting my fears onto him. Life is reflecting back G Hobyah and he has taken shape and form. Like those ghosts from Ghostbusters who feed on our fear and take their form.

SunChariot

Glad to help. And I think what we saw was accurate then. As if you don't want to believe positive things about your life (or your readings that reflect your life) you are not seeing accurately. Nothing is all black and white, we may all have some bad times in life, but you also have many warm, loving, enlighening wonderful times.

If you can't believe something good that your reading predicts when it really is something good about to happen, then you will be frightened unnecessarily. And that does kindof mean you are "under a faery glamour", seeing only negative in a positive situation.

If you only see the dark side of life all the time, then you won't be seeing clearly. Life has many sides to it. It is multi-dimensional. Sometimes it is night, but just as often it is daytime. (Lately I find that our lives so often mirror nature).

One thing that might help is to remember who the faeries are, who you are talking to when you do a reading with the Faeries' Oracle. The faeries are some of the most light-filled, joyous beings around. They are playful (childlike in that good sense) and they want to help. The first few in the book, the Singers...include guardian angels amongst their ranks.

They are not spiteful in any sense and are not going to say something to hurt you, but if you are doing something to hurt yourself yes they will tell you because they want you to heal.

Good idea, go have some fun with your fae! :grin: If you haven't yet I think it would be a great idea to go do the exercises in the book about dancing with the faeries and singing with the faeries. If you've already done them, do them again. They just want to be your friends.

Babs

Satori

Historically I have read that the Fae can be mean-spirited, at times.
They can be hateful and they can be devious.
I think that they even play tricks that can completely undo a mortal's life.

I edit this to say that we have pushed the Fae to the ends of the earth...In legend it is said that we encroached upon the woods, cutting and burning, and in our fear of the Fae we drove them from the world....So, we have more than earned their distrust...But there are those Fae, I believe who love us still.

Do the Fae have to love us? Well, no.

That said, we are actually using the Faery Oracle to compliment the Fae, to comment in a positive way on their wisdom and to invite them into our lives as helpers and as teachers. We who "play" with the Faeries oracle actually understand that the Fae magic is needed in the world, and specifically, in our lives

We renew an ancient and somewhat turbulent relationship to the Fae when we do this.

So being mindful of the fact that the Fae are not all beauty and light is a good thing. Yet, when we activate our Fae thru this Oracle, we are asking as mortals for help from beings that are the essence of the Earth, just as much Her children as we, if not more so.

I do trust that the Fae will offer me a message that will be the truth for me at any given moment. Perhaps if you check in and ask your Fae about your fear of them and what they can do to help you out with that you will receive a message that leaves no room for doubt as to what they are saying.

I also allow that there may times when the message is more kick in the arse than telling me all is well in my world....I also allow for the mischievous and the mysterious...and the unknown.

Just hold in your heart the idea that you truly are loved!

blessings,
elf

Satori

cari, the glanconer came up for me once and he was totally trying to play a major head game on me. He was actually making fun of me and it was around body image.

He really got me. Hard.

But in the end the truth was revealed thru the pain of seeing thru the illusion he was offering. So, it did hurt, but, in the end it was worth it.

Weird.

caridwen

Yes I think the Glanconer is one of the cruelest cards in the deck. It's as though you've been viewing your life through a fairground mirror and suddenly you are handed a real mirror and the reflection is not as thought.

Sometimes we want something so badly that we forget why it is we want it and whether what we want is actually good for us. I think this card is particularly prevalent regarding the Internet and relationships therein, in that we have to use our imaginations and thusly project an awful amount onto people because we haven't actually met them.

I am a dreamer so the Glanconer isn't such a great card for me to see. He holds my nose and pours doses of horrible reality down my throat until I choke. I much prefer to live in my imagination but he won't let me.

There are good fae and bad, many of the fairy stories I read as a child had both but they were all there for a purpose and it was usually to teach us a lesson. Sometimes however I would rather believe what is going on inside my head than what is without as it's so much nicer;)