saturn 4th house

Moongold

These are just ideas, Perseph, and you obviously have your own experiences and ideas from that.

Very briefly, Saturn seems highly structured and aware of boundaries all the time. It's energy pushes for those things whereas Neptune seems more abstract and philosophical or transcendant.

I understand conjunctions to be fairly favourable aspects, so uniting these two could give you the best of both worlds - a very grounded spirituality for example. You could be deeply motivated but realistic and instead of writing articles about how to be spiritual you would be out there doing the work.

You might be a scientist with a deep love of literature, philosophy, music, poetry whatever.

You might have the ability to merge the esoteric with a practical grounded view - a fresh perspective.

I know Saturn well and it seems that there is much potential for one part of you getting lost in the other, however, overwhelmed by the other. For instance, you might suppress your spirituality or creativity for a a conventional structured approach to life and break out later. Or you could be the wildly radical hippy in youth and become the successful corporate lawyer in your 30's.

Hope this helps spur your thinking. I've never met anyone with a 4th House Saturn. Mine is 8th House.

You would need to relate these Saturn/Neptune conjunction to 4th House concerns for you as well. I realise I haven't done that. If the 4th House is the area of home and belonging you might have had some interesting emotional experiences! But having this conjunction could also make you very valuable family member.

You are the kind of person who can make a community work because you have a sense of the values underpinning such things AND the sheer footwork that needs to happen to make these things run smoothly. You might be the person in the family who holds everything together for your brothers and sisters for example.

You might be the kind of person who holds a dream for yourself and the family and works darn hard to make it come true.

perseph

Thankyou Moongold. That was really very helpful and I can identify with quite a lot of it. You've also given me some things to think about.

isthmus nekoi

hey perseph,

How the conjunction of Saturn/Neptune in 4th expresses itself will also be determined by:

1) the relative strength of importance of either planet. In other words, which planet's energy is more emphasized in your chart? For example, if you were a Cap ASC, then Saturn would be the 'ruler' of your chart and therefore would be the stronger planet of the conj

2) what aspects are made to the conj - if they are mostly harmonious, you can expect this to have an easy influence in your life. If there are hard aspects, you may have had to struggle w/the energies of the conj

3) the aspect orb. The tighter the orb, the greater the influence.

4) the sign the planets are found in. This is very important.

If there are harsher aspects, I would expect this conj to be problematic as Saturn/Neptune tend not to see eye to eye on things. In the 4th house, this could manifest as difficulties setting limits in regards to your family role. It could represent a burden, even when you were a young child - you may have a push and pull b/w how close you are to family members. 4th house Saturn could also represent an estranged relationship w/the father, esp if it is afflicted. I have a friend w/a 4th house Saturn (conj Mars and Pluto on either side!!!). It's trining his sun, but his relationship w/his father has always been distant and I think from his pov, unsatisfactory in an emotional sense.

Of course, if there are harmonious aspects, then like Moongold has written, the blending of pragmatism and idealism could be well developed. Home could also be a place of beauty, arts, religious insight etc, esp if there are favorable aspects to Venus or Jupiter.

Moongold

Isthmus, hi...

If one is aware of the hard aspects, can't one actively work to alleviate them........turn them into positive energies?

Please say YES!.. Otherwise you've blown my optimism :)

Minderwiz

Moongold

Sorry to butt in but as you seem a bit desperate for a positive answer I can happily supply one!

Hard aspects show tensions - they are the drivers of your personality and without them there is no success or earned reward. The challenge is to learn to manage and control these tensions so that they are use positively in order to bring back the rewards and there is absolutely no reason why anyone should not succeed.

Easy aspects may indicate that some things do indeed do come easily or naturally but if that leads us to accept those things as not needing any effort to improve, we may actually find that they become a drawback - things just don't really get done, coz we're too busy being laidback.

isthmus nekoi

Minderwiz is right, didn't mean to sound grim there. Aspects can't tell you whether you'll fail or suceed, that's up to the individual; yay for free choice!