study group introduction

isthmus nekoi

update

- Will have fire thread up by end of week.

- Thinking that we can continue the sign/duration of sun transit for the 'application' thread. Did ppl find this helpful? Despite the fact we haven't covered all the basics I'm thinking it would be nice to keep the sign themed thread as I found it informative. I could get one started since the sun is already in Sag.

- Book recommendation: The Astrologer's Handbook by Frances Sakoian and Louis S. Acker. Has a nice starting point for interpreting aspects.

lunalafey

Maybe I'm missing something

IT'S working nicely. Here's my take on the study group. I see it forming along the lines of everyone gets to bounce around thier own charts, focusing on this sign the sun is in at the time. we each all get to learn personalities/workings of the planet; sign; house; combinations of each of us. We have a month to post and feedback, but the thread remain there for further questions on the sign. I think BASICS threads are a good idea, like a reference index in a book. Minderwiz has been a wonderful 'coach', would that be a good call? (hehe). I'm glad to see this study group!!!

isthmus nekoi

I like the basic threads as reference, although certainly we could discuss the basics as well. Yes, thanks to Minderwiz for answering all our questions!!

I'm pretty busy this weekend. I'm not sure when I'll have the next element thread up. I think b/c the next sign up is Capricorn, I'll cover earth. If someone wants it up sooner, or wants to do another element, by all means, post away!

Minderwiz

I've started a Chart interpretation thread, to run along side the Study Group - I'll keep things brief simply so that the general ideas can be followed and the Study Group threads can fill in the details as we go.

Now people are trying out their ideas and looking at their charts it helps if there's a structure that newbies can call on. I'll do an overview of elements, qualities, Yin/Yang, hemisphere analysis, and aspect patterns, sign and house rulers, and how to decide on importance of the features you find in your chart.

I don't want to dampen the Sagittarian enthusiasm but with Capricorn coming up next, some Saturnine structures may help ensure that the engergies are well directed.

isthmus nekoi

It seems to me that the application threads are going well b/c ppl are researching on their own. That's great! Um... so I think I'll cut out the intro element/quality threads since the information can be easily found on the net anyways!

Moongold

Great work

Things seem to be going really well.

Minderwiz, your general overview on how to read your chart has been extremely helpful. You're not finished yet are you?

Has Lunalefay spoken with you any further about seeing each other's charts or is that idea in abeyance? You were thinking of web space too, Minderwiz.

Minderwiz, I agree with L. that you've been a great coach, Isthmus, you've also been quick with great comment and encouragement.

Thanks again

Moongold

isthmus nekoi

important notice!

OK, just went through some PM relay w/lunalafey who has been kind enough to start an account on astro.com for us!

For those who are interested in seeing their natal chart, and having others look at them when we're doing our application posts, please post your name here in this thread so lunalafey can PM you with the user name and password for the account!!
--------

In other not so pressing news, I found some more great websites.

http://www.theoi.com/index.htm
a wonderful site where you can read up on the Greek/Roman gods, as well as citations and resources from relevant material ie. stuff by Homer, Ovid etc. The stuff on Pluto is quite extensive, and if you were wondering about the Demeter/Orpheus connection etc it's all there ^_^

http://www.levity.com/alchemy/sevenmetals.html
http://www.almac.co.uk/personal/tidmaraj/paper2.htm
for those who are interested in the link b/w astrology and alchemy

Minderwiz

Moongold,

No I'm not finished with the Chart reading thread, I'll begin on planets etc, soon.

On the charts issue - I will go ahead with some web space but it will be around or after Christmas - I was thinking of using the next couple of weekends on it but we are off to Dover the weekend of 21/22 December to take part in a TV Programme called Most Haunted Live. So I'm not sure how much I will be able to get done by Christmas.

Spirits Gift

My Sign?

Hi Isthmus,

Did I miss the discussion on my sign?
I'm not online much,so I'm sure I did...Any way to retreive it?

Spirits Gift.

Spirits Gift

My Sign?

Sorry,

I forgot to mention that my sign is Cancer :)

Spirits Gift.