The Book of Froth

nisaba

Caffeine-deficient, you can tell, because I'm contemplating designing a deck called ...

THE BOOK OF FROTH, a Coffee Oracle.

Page One, Innocence, would be a babychino.

Page Two, Selfhood, would be a spoon stirring a coffee.

Page Three, Attraction, would be two people looking deep into each other's eyes, both with a hand on the one cup of coffee on the table between them.

Page Four, Secrets, would be a layered latte.

Page Five, Reward, would be an iced coffee with whipped cream.

Page six ... oh, you get the picture. I was thinking about it on the bus earlier, and I got up to about thirty-two or thirty-three cards. Pity about the piece of paper I didn't have to jot the ideas down on, and the porous brain I do have.

But it simply had to be the Book of Froth.

Alta

Coffee would make a great oracle. How many of us stare into our coffee cups while thinking things over? And think of all those pretty designs we get when we go nuts and get a latte or something. How much sugar to add? What about the mysteries of the pure black cup? The cup of cooled coffee with a bit of a skin on it? oooh, the possibilities for life analogies.

Sidhe-Ra

The title is perfect- love it :)

nisaba

Yeah, I was wondering about the title. And calling the cards "pages" (as opposed to Pages) adds to it. Perhaps the deck should have its own spirit. Perhaps an unnumbered page that can pop up anywhere in the deck, called Uncle Al, in the shape of a wisp of steam rising from the spout of a coffee-pot, gathering in the air above the spout, taking the form of a ghostly man, and wearing a *very* solid top-hat just for effect? And maybe carrying a cane. Echoes of Haiti AND Uncle Al! Coffee is such a drug ...

Hannafate

Desolation- the empty cup.

Umbrae

It gets my vote.

As long as there's a page for those of us that don't do milk in coffee.

The doppio = nirvana.

baba-prague

Aulruna said:
Or worse - decaf :bugeyed:

Or decaf with skimmed milk in a plastic cup :( :( :(

It's a GREAT title Nisaba!

swimming in tarot

...or instant coffee with "coffee whitener" [shudders uncontrollably].

Well, is there any point in developing the idea and selling it to Starbuck's? Nah, probably better to develop the whole deck, retaining copyright, THEN offer it to Starbuck's. Really, there's hope for this. Some of my greatest insights have been achieved while nursing a tall dark-roast coffee of the day, with heavy cream. Seriously.

rota

Well, creams rises, as they say...
I'm sure a deck like this would stir my intuition.