Stalked by the King of Pentacles

RainatDayBreak

I know there have been numerous threads on this subject so I apologize for bringing it up again, but there are unique aspects to my situation I'd like your thoughts on.

Some quick background to make sense of the situation:

For a long time I've been in love with a man who is a soulmate. For various reasons, we are not and cannot be together. Over time, he has come to be represented by the KoP. For a long time I waited for him and didn't date anyone else. Then a few weeks ago, I got the distinct impression that the universe wanted me to date this other guy. Suspecting that one of my life lessons is to not waste my life waiting for my beloved, I started dating again, starting with the guy the universe threw at me (we will call this guy E).

I am polyamorous (before I became crazy for my KoP and decided to be celibate, haha). Several months ago, E and I had a conversation in which he told me he's exploring polyamory and that he thinks he wants to be poly. So we are starting in this context (i.e., that we're both poly). Around the same time I also started dating B. Both B and E know about KoP. B knows more because that's the nature of our relationship--we over share. :)

Now the KoP keeps showing up in just about every reading I or others have done about E but not B. It's confusing and I don't understand why.

Could it be bc E can't get over what I told him about the KoP guy? I told him, on our first date, that I was in love with this other guy and tried to explain how hard it's been, which was why I needed time before I could have sex with him. That was literally the context in which I brought it up. Obviously not the best timing.

The reason I think this is bc the card only comes up in readings involving E and not readings on other subjects or about other people. I know the information about the KoP guy doesn't bother B bc B is more experienced with poly and understands that just bc someone is in love with someone else doesn't mean they can't also be in love with you.

Thirteen

E wants to be the King/Pents

E can't get over not "owning" you. King/Pents is uber-earthly. Meaning a love of things, of social status and, yes, physical intimacy. I think E wants to be your King/Pents. Note: that's not the same as wanting you to love him. King/Pents--if we look at just the card and not that it stands for this soulmate--is all about having "things." And you refusing to let E have you means that you have gained a certain value you may not have had to him if you weren't getting over not having your soulmate.

And as a poly, I'm sure you're aware that this often means, to guys, the vision of having a harem of women all devoted to them. A new poly male can't always get his head around the idea of sharing the women with other men. And given that you've explained to him that you *can* be devoted to one guy...well, again, there's a certain status in being that guy, isn't there? Getting the poly girl to give up poly and be monogamous. He wants that status.

RainatDayBreak

Oh man, you're probably right. E does seem like the kind of guy who is "exploring" poly but not really trying very hard to understand what it is or to get it right.

For example, I keep getting the feeling that he hasn't been forthright with me about the other people he's dating. It's the way monogamous people behave when they're just dating around but don't want any given person they're dating to know about the others. Whereas for me and many of my poly friends, no matter how casual the relationship, we're usually upfront about everything from the get-go.

And he seems to simultaneously try too hard to impress me and not care enough about me.

There are people in the poly community who would not date anyone who is new to poly because they might see you as candy in a candy store instead of an actual person...