Borderless Rider Waite Smith, help!

gregory

I've spoken to Benebell and that's what she did. And that's what she told USG when they contacted her about it.
You note then, that they DID follow it up. They still do. Even in the US. Tarotbear, in a thread here somwhere, is also in the US and they wouldn't allow him to use coloured images, even though he had paid for a licence with his first printing of his book. For a second run - he would have had to pay for another.

cSpaceDiva

I hope it’s ok gregory, rather than going too much off topic here, I would prefer to respond in the What's the copyright status? thread. (Thanks for pointing me to it!)

rwcarter

Moderator Note

I hope it’s ok gregory, rather than going too much off topic here, I would prefer to respond in the What's the copyright status? thread. (Thanks for pointing me to it!)
That's a great idea cSpaceDiva! Please continue discussion of the copyright status of the Rider Waite in the thread linked above.

rwcarter, co-Moderator of Tarot Decks

firecatpickles

Would the RWS mini do better as a trim job or would it come out uneven? Anyone know?

Le Fanu

Would the RWS mini do better as a trim job or would it come out uneven? Anyone know?
The best one to trim in my opinion is either edition I have attached here. Same deck, different boxes (US vs Europe) It comes out evenly (take off the titles) and comes out the approximate size of a pocket Thoth.

ETA; I can post pics (much) later if anyone is interested but dashing out to work right now!

Attachments

• LoS.PCS.Tarot.2.jpg
    LoS.PCS.Tarot.2.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 324

Dan S

The problem for those of us in the US is that neither of those Lo Scarabeo editions are readily available. At least I can't find them and I've been looking for a while.

feynrir

The problem for those of us in the US is that neither of those Lo Scarabeo editions are readily available. At least I can't find them and I've been looking for a while.

This is very true. As long as one doesn't mind the most recent printings of the RWS (yellow box, high gloss) by US Games that are readily available in the States, though, I had much luck trimming those.

It's older ones you have to worry about more as far as the images being of uneven size in my experience.

gregory

ebay.

I seem to recall that the reason you cannot get them in the US is - US Games.... I vaguely recall their starting to rumble loudly when it came out.

starlightexp

On FB USGS said they are looking at doing a borderless RWS and was wondering which coloring people would like the bright or the PCS versions. :)

Le Fanu

Here is my "trimmed to borderless" RWS. Best colouring on the market (and that must be what led them to forbid its circulation in the US if it isn't readily available, as posted above) and Rose & Lilies backs to boot. Lovely size - the size of a standard trimmed LoS deck.

I honestly thought that the two boxes were Europe and U.S. As it stands now, I have no idea why there are two boxes as both are readily available here, though I see the fancy ivory and blue box less and less now.

I have not tweaked the colours or anything in the attached photo. They are as seen this morning.

Attachments

• BorderlessRWS.jpg
    BorderlessRWS.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 296