Decks brought under the influence/on a whim.

Awkward.turtle91

Dear Carojulie, I think you have come to the ONE place in the universe where nobody will tease or judge you! We've all been there. Or very nearly been there!

I don't know in what state of mind I was when I bought the Night Sun deck, so totally not my cup of tea with its computer graphic images, busty women with evil grins and weird compositions. I bought it, I can't read with it (yet), but I'm fascinated by it and using now the exercises from the Tarot Kaizen book to get to know it better.

You should have seen my face when I unboxed that deck. Like the people in comedies who wake up in the wrong bed with the wrong back turned towards them :-D

Nemia is right, no one will judge you here.

It's not my cup of tea either, I'm not keen on busty evil ladies on my deck, I get ya !!! Oh it's sounds a little unusual no one why you couldn't read with it.

Maybe the fascination took over with the tarot deck. :) sometimes I wonder why I've ordered things when they come to me!

Awkward.turtle91

I've bought a few like Carojulie whilst half asleep and groggy, browsing in bed when I shouldn't have. I'm fairly sure the Ceccoli, Voyager, Shadowscapes, Linestrider and Kings Journey Tarot have all ended up with me that way. Possibly a few others. Some I've forgotten about until they've shown up. I am seriously consider buying a manual alarm clock and leaving my phone turned off downstairs.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

I've got a manual alarm called a lumie look into it they're lovely.
I've got the Arthurian tarot on a whim before also.
It's funny how we seem to have more confidence to buy decks in that state, I wonder if it's because we're not listening to our conscious mind etc.

Awkward.turtle91

You should have seen my face when I opened Hermetic tarot I have bought because...I don't know why...

It was so cold and alien for me. I couldn't go beyond 10 cards. I love color and more cheerful images. More magic and fun. I think now it's a "happy" workable deck in it's new home.

Oh no,

It's horrid when you buy decks you can't use.
I'm glad it's gone to a new home , I'd do a tarot reading and check to see if it's happy šŸ˜Š

Magrataya

Haha, I have bought Pixie's Lenormand literally a few minutes ago while drinking a glass of wine after a hard day at work.
I had some great readings with the centennial RWS earlier today and then this deck poppwd up while I was browsing Amazon ... it just had to become mine :)

Awkward.turtle91

Haha, I have bought Pixie's Lenormand literally a few minutes ago while drinking a glass of wine after a hard day at work.
I had some great readings with the centennial RWS earlier today and then this deck poppwd up while I was browsing Amazon ... it just had to become mine :)

I've just had to delete amazon prime, turns out i was spending way too much on it for that exact reason lol. I hope you enjoy your pixie lenromand. And centennial RWS, i'm looking at the universal wait smith the colours are so vibrant.

Carojulie

Try getting at 4am, going to sleep at 12am then Brownings a little on eBay for used decks or amazon. I've had to delete both now because I feel your pain.

I'm giggling a little, but I'm not making fun of you, if any one does I'll be reporting them to the mods don't you worry. At least it isn't a baba studios tarot deck you orders whilst sleepy !!

Maybe you needed to have it but consciously wouldn't buy it :)

Oh my, imagine bying Baba decks while half asleep. Financial disaster. It could very well happen to me you know, I have had fantasies about the Alice deck, I could get it in my sleep !

I bought the Alice tarot on a "semi-whim" last month... I had eyed it for YEARS but thought it would be difficult to read because I forgot about the Alice symbolism, it would not be that good looking (I was trying to persuade myself), and was so expensive.... I finaly gave in with some Xmas money, because I feared it would go out of print and I would regret....

And since I received it I cannot be part with it, I love it so much. I am very glad I got it. It has been my week deck last week, and this week too, because I cannot let it go. Probably next week too, as things are going.

I have actually played with the idea of getting a back-up copy. I have seldom back-up copies, only my really favourite favourite decks I get backups for, and this one could have been one of those....

Let's hope my greedy tarot obsessed self will not get the better of me during my sleep.

Carojulie

Dear Carojulie, I think you have come to the ONE place in the universe where nobody will tease or judge you! We've all been there. Or very nearly been there!

I don't know in what state of mind I was when I bought the Night Sun deck, so totally not my cup of tea with its computer graphic images, busty women with evil grins and weird compositions. I bought it, I can't read with it (yet), but I'm fascinated by it and using now the exercises from the Tarot Kaizen book to get to know it better.

You should have seen my face when I unboxed that deck. Like the people in comedies who wake up in the wrong bed with the wrong back turned towards them :-D

I've bought a few like Carojulie whilst half asleep and groggy, browsing in bed when I shouldn't have. I'm fairly sure the Ceccoli, Voyager, Shadowscapes, Linestrider and Kings Journey Tarot have all ended up with me that way. Possibly a few others. Some I've forgotten about until they've shown up. I am seriously consider buying a manual alarm clock and leaving my phone turned off downstairs.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Try getting at 4am, going to sleep at 12am then Brownings a little on eBay for used decks or amazon. I've had to delete both now because I feel your pain.

I'm giggling a little, but I'm not making fun of you, if any one does I'll be reporting them to the mods don't you worry. At least it isn't a baba studios tarot deck you orders whilst sleepy !!

Maybe you needed to have it but consciously wouldn't buy it :)

Nemia is right, no one will judge you here.

It's not my cup of tea either, I'm not keen on busty evil ladies on my deck, I get ya !!! Oh it's sounds a little unusual no one why you couldn't read with it.

Maybe the fascination took over with the tarot deck. :) sometimes I wonder why I've ordered things when they come to me!

Aaaah, thank you so much everybody ! you are sweet ! It makes me feel better :) CharlotteK, I see you fall victim of your own sleep like I do ! Ah !

Barleywine

I've done this!!!!, I so badly wanted a tarot deck to buy that day I saws the easy Tarot with the guilded tarot deck in my book store. And eewwwww I hated it so much. It's a shame that I didn't get a good experience like you. :)

I feel that way about the Legacy of the Divine, but I really connected with Ciro's Gilded.

Le Fanu

Funny thread! I honestly don't think I've ever been out tarot shopping whilst under the influence. Now there's an idea...

I suppose I have taken a gamble on decks and found that they really weren't for me. I haven't so much bought on a whim either although I have been through phases where the inner completionist has got the better of me and I have bought a deck because I really OUGHT to have it and then it's been completely unused - like the Tarot of the Old Path or some thematic LoS decks when I really was trying to keep up with everything LoS published and ended up with decks like the Black Cat Tarot and Elemental tarot - just useless to me - and LoS decks like these don't budge in trading either so there's no point even going there.

I have - on reflection - bid on ebay stuff whilst tipsy after dinner parties - but nothing that I can remember regretting. Except perhaps one. An old majors only RWS that looked really mysterious and had belonged to someone's grandfather and the seller could say nothing about it and foolishly I didn't ask for pictures of the backs - but it just sounded way too tempting so I bid higher than I should have and when it came it was pictures of the RWS from a magazine glued onto cereal packet cardboard. The backs really were just cardboard from a cereal or biscuit box or something :(

Onaorkal

I don't think I've ever bought anything under the influence, as I don't drink often and I don't buy on an impulse as much online.

But some weeks ago, my fiancee and I were at a games and toys store and they had SO MANY tarot decks that I felt I NEEDED to buy at least one.

I really wanted the Manga mini since it was quite cheap and nice looking, but I was also eyeing the Joie de Vivre because I knew my fiancee liked some of the images she had seen online.
So we bought both and to my surprise, she told me after that the Joie de Vivre was for me!
For a couple of days I wasn't sure if I was happy with that spontaneous purchase. But I think I like it. I used it a couple of times and the colors are really gorgeous!