Zombie Tarot - Ace of Wands

strings of life

A Zombie hand holds the remains of a bone that still has a tiny bit of flesh on it. The bone is what makes us structurally sound...and it is also the last bit of what remains when we pass onto a different world. Has this zombie eaten the remains and this is all that is left? Did they find the bone somewhere and then picked it up as a token reminder of someone's enjoyable meal?

Target symbols are seen in many of the cards (not suit specific). The target in this card is directly in the center, with the bone in the hand being the specific target. You are in the target--well, specifically--your hand if you are the zombie. Grab the bone and go for it. Be confident and take a risk. Things are just about to start happening. Just don't drop that bone!

I often read directional patterns in cards and the way characters depicted in the cards are facing when you look at the card as the reader. The hand is pointed to the left which indicates action and decision making as opposed to the right side which would allow more creative thought.

Winterchild

Bone

I immediately thought of something the elders used to do when I was a kid.... (being of veggie inclination I was a tad grossed out back then but....) when they had a roast chook they would take out the wishbone and pull it... it often had a scrap of flesh left on it like this bone. The person who got the bigger half of the bone got to make the wish... the Ace of Wands being a supposedly lucky card, it made me think of this connection :)

Whats your take Shadowdancer?

strings of life

I immediately thought of something the elders used to do when I was a kid.... (being of veggie inclination I was a tad grossed out back then but....) when they had a roast chook they would take out the wishbone and pull it... it often had a scrap of flesh left on it like this bone. The person who got the bigger half of the bone got to make the wish... the Ace of Wands being a supposedly lucky card, it made me think of this connection :)
Yes, I do remember this! I see this connection now that you mention it and I'll most likely envision this whenever it comes up. It's screaming (har har har :laugh:), "I got it! My wish is..."

Winterchild

Chicken Bones

As long as it doesnt bring up the smell of old chook cooking :( !!

shadowdancer

sorry for being late to the party everyone.... no excuse other than being busy at work etc.

Yeah, I can see your takes here on this card. I was only telling one of my student's on Monday about how the wishbone was used. (We were making chicken sushi).

With regards the small piece of meat, I am wondering if it is a piece left there for a reason - a sort of offering to take some edge off the fact the bone doesn't really have a lot going for it, or has someone wrapped the piece of meat around the bone.... not sure what applies and either scenario could have a different interpretation.

This is what I had typed:
You are being passed the baton now, so it is up to you whether you run with it or not. As you are yet to leave the starting blocks, your energy levels have never been higher so now is as good a time as any to really go for it. If you want any further incentive, get a wriggle on now, and you will be able to open up a sizeable distance between you and the zombies who are trailing behind in second place. Make the gap large enough and you never know - they may just lose interest and give up the chase. And if you do find you are flagging a little, the baton passer has been good enough to leave a little bit of meat, so you have some sustenance there should you need it in order to find that second wind. So much potential is open to you now. Procrastinate and you may find the opportunity is lost. Give it a go, and you may surprise yourself with what you are capable of.