Significator at the Borders

Barleywine

Didn't see anything similar by searching, so here goes . . .

I'm sure I will eventually read about this, but in my early going with the GT I began wondering what happens if the Man or Woman significator shows up at an extreme edge of the tableau. I'm thinking mainly of it landing at the right-hand border, with nothing beyond it to the right. Does this mean that little can be learned from the reading about the more "active" elements of the prediction? Or do I just go after the "above" and "below" aspects for more of an "in the moment" perspective, and flesh out the "back-story" from what's on the left? It seems that the significator at one of the other edges could be worked with more productively from a forecasting angle. Having it all the way to the right looks like it would tie your hands a bit, even if not using a left-to-right "past-present-future" model.

Tag_jorrit

Some people opt to gather up the cards and try again. However, since the Divine has seen fit to placing them where they are, I go with what is there.

When I see the Significator on the far right, it is that the person has a lot of personal baggage that they must deal with in order to proceed well, so I sort through that baggage. If the Significator is at the far left, it means that their baggage is in order and they can look forward to their future with a relatively clean slate.

Barleywine

Some people opt to gather up the cards and try again. However, since the Divine has seen fit to placing them where they are, I go with what is there.

When I see the Significator on the far right, it is that the person has a lot of personal baggage that they must deal with in order to proceed well, so I sort through that baggage. If the Significator is at the far left, it means that their baggage is in order and they can look forward to their future with a relatively clean slate.

Thanks! That's pretty much what I was thinking. On the right, I figured I would be dealing primarily with what brought the matter to its present state of affairs. But extrapolating from there into the future would have to be drawn from hints in the immediately surrounding cards or series of cards, I suppose. Perhaps the "open side" to the right represents both "flying blind" and also greater freedom of choice going forward?

ETA: Or how about pairing the significator with the card in its House and making a combination to work from? I find the house system to be an interesting way to fill in details when they're otherwise scarce.