French Cartomancy or Blue Owl?

Tag_jorrit

Dondorf/ Franch Cartomancy. Hands down.

AnemoneRosie

I just bought my first Lenormand deck. I'm waiting for it in the mail.
Neither of the ones that you mentioned are the one that I ended up going with, although someone else brought it up. Like someone else above, I shall refrain from making your choice more difficult :)

greenseer

Thanks for all of the responses guys! I ended up going for the French Cartomancy deck, and I've really been enjoying working with it :)

Padma

Thanks for all of the responses guys! I ended up going for the French Cartomancy deck, and I've really been enjoying working with it :)

that's the Dondorf! If you check out Fool's Dog apps, you can get the app featuring that deck with your phone, too! :)

decan

I think you were right. When I answered in your thread I just had the Blue Owl but ever since I bought the French Cartomancy. My prefered Lenormand is the Stralsunder Lenormand Restored but it is as well a "collector's deck" so I have another lenormand beside.
Well, the blue owl is nice but its quality isn't too good compared to the French Cartomancy!

Teheuti

This is my #1 favorite Lenormand deck. The small size (bridge size) is standard and perfect for laying out the Grand Tableau. The images are clear and easy to recognize. It's an excellent reproduction of the famed Dondorf deck (although the playing card insets are not the original design). This is one of the classics against which all other Lenormand decks are based. It shuffles extremely well. This price can't be beat!

Larger size cards may be fine for small layouts (training wheels) but they are unwieldy when doing a Grand Tableau unless you have a very large table and long arms.

I like and use many of the other 19th and 20th century decks - including modern reproductions, but this is my work-horse deck.