Storing the faeries

Maan

I just got the oracle too and i really like it! ( thanks rostie you seem to know wich decks are the best ;) :* )

I was planning on making them a bag from brown velvet with a golden cord but when i got the deck in did not feel right to keep them in the box...so alone ;) So made my whismiscal tarot move to there original box and put the fearies in...and now i don't think they wanna leave this bag ever :)

Its a beautiful tarottote with dragonfly's in al sorts of colours and a little sparkle of gold!

Silkin

Mine live Wrapped in a bright Yellow Scarf that I painted it has a leadllight design on the corners. & then in a Suede bag a friend made for me.

They were gifted to me but I will relate that story another time :)

Mallika

Now that the faeries have demanded my attention, they're clamoring for a home, too. I looked around at some bags over at TarotTotes and have a few favorites (most are blue in tone).

Anyway, I have a story about the Quest for a Bag. I was cleaning out my closet today when I came across a swath of beautiful, velvety blue cloth that has a purple sheen when seen from an angle -- the cloth is also imprinted with slender, wind-blown leaves. I'd made a rudimentary bag for my runes out of that cloth, and I still had lots of it left. As I looked at it, I got the urge to make my own bag for the Oracle. Then, I came across some silky shirts I hadn't worn in a long time, and again felt an urge to use them. And again when my eye fell across a very "loud," red/orange/black striped-and-checked (told you it was loud!) velvety pair of pants I wore when I was a pre-teen.

I wasn't sure whether I was the one who felt good about them or the faeries -- sometimes I'm a tad concerned I'll pick something because *I* like it and mistakenly thought they like it too.

Question: How do you know that whoosh of lust for a bag or cloth is from the faeries, not only just from yourself? I feel like I trick myself sometimes into thinking that the lightness and the mental nods I feel are just from ME, since I seem to like whatever it is I'm looking at a lot.

Jewel

Mallika said:
Question: How do you know that whoosh of lust for a bag or cloth is from the faeries, not only just from yourself? I feel like I trick myself sometimes into thinking that the lightness and the mental nods I feel are just from ME, since I seem to like whatever it is I'm looking at a lot.

Hi Mallika and welcome to the group! My experience with the Faeries is that when it is something coming from them you can barely think of anything else until you accommodate them. I also get a sense of "chatter" in my mind. When they are pleased I hear them giggle and cheer, then they are once again silent. Not sure it is the same for others here, but that is the way it is for me. The reason I honestly beileve it is them vs. me is because I never experienced anything like this until they graced my home. I hope to always have them with me.

Alissa

AT last! It's done... the Faeries have a home

I have almost completed the Faeries homemade bag. It's a lovely brown churro wool, which I hand spun and double plyed. Then, I knit the wool into a bag and finally, today, I just finished sewing it up while singing to the baby in the morning!

YEAH ~! YEAH ~! Les Faes have a home!

And, I loved how they taught me to knit the pattern. I made it up. I cast on yeah many stitches, the Faes said go to about here on the needle, and then I stopped and thought and thought. I was trying to come up with a nice pattern for my rough and rugged brown and grey flecked wool. A double moss stitch?? Maybe a garter stitch, something plain?

The Faeries finally said Oh don't you know how to knit? You do that thing with the needles there, you know, back and forth? You just do that. Can you do that?

Sure, I figured. So I did.

I knitted and purled at random in complete contentment and the most lovely non-pattern pattern came out :D And they LOVE it!!

I need only to finish the drawstring and I'm finished. At last. Home spun, home knit, home knit ... a cozy nest for mon Faes.

Silverlotus

It's funny this thread should pop up again today. Just the other day I started cross stitching a design on a bag for my Faeries Oracle cards. For those who know cross stitch, I'm stitching the middle green fairy from Mirabilia's Three for Tea from the waist up on a mushroom-coloured linen.
Here's a not very good picture of it http://www.mirabilia.com/crossStitchFrames/md37.html. It makes the middle fairy's face look old. :(

When I go home for Christmas, I'm going to use my Mom's sewing machine to line and sew the bag. Unfortunately, since I used a small leftover piece of fabric, I won't have room to make it a draw-string bag. But I have lots of beautiful ribbon to tie it with. I can't wait until it's done! :)

wavebreaker

My parents recently made a trip to Vietnam and since I have been there myself, I know you can get really beautiful and cheap silk there. So I asked them to bring some for me, the rough silk, which I like best. I asked for beige, which I thought would be really nice for the Faeries.

My mother brought a piece of beige and a piece of brown silk. The brown silk was for my sister-in-law. But she said she couldn't really use it, so then my mother asked me whether I wanted it.
Hm, I guess the faeries didn't really like the beige that much, so now they are getting a brown silk bag... ;)

Jewel

I am so jealous of all of you talented people making bags out there ... Alissa, your bag sounds very very interesting.

floracove

What an absolutely wonderful read!
So very charming!
Ya'll have me wanting the Fairy Oracle, and as of this moment, I'm not even sure what it is!
*have fun!*

wavebreaker

Okay, the faeries finally made up their mind (picky, picky... ;) ) and moved into their brand new beige silk bag... :)
The brown silk bag was gratefully accepted as a new home by my Aquarian deck.

floracove said:
Ya'll have me wanting the Fairy Oracle, and as of this moment, I'm not even sure what it is!
Ah, those are the first signs... We'll soon see you back here holding your own faeries... :D