Daily Horoscopes?

Major Tom

For a long time now I've been receiving a daily horoscope from Keen.com and I've found it relatively entertaining and useful. But recently, let's say the past few weeks, the quality to these daily emails has significantly dropped - even to the point of being useless.

Does anyone know of a good quality free daily horoscope service via email?

Minderwiz

Yes and No (Good Libra response)

One of the problems of daily horoscopes are that they assume that you have both Sun and Ascendant in the same sign. So for me as a Libra they assume that I have Libra rising (whereas it is really Leo). Without your birth details they can do no more. So for Libra's they take the fifth House as being Aquarius, so if Venus enters Aquarius they'll say Romance is in the air.

The only email service I know where you can actually tell them what your Ascendant is (and find out if you don't know) is

http://www.astrocenter.com/

You might need to fiddle a bit to get it right but its better than the traditional approach.

Minderwiz

Natalya

Omg, Major Tom I have been thinking the same thing...Usualy Keen.com is very really connects with what is going on with my life, but now it is totally out of track :(

Keslynn

I think we're onto something. I've noticed the same thing. Keen is usually on target but this past week... Maybe they're in a slump or something.

:) Kes

PS - Check out Moon Signs in the Boston Phoenix (www.bostonphoenix.com). It mentions every sign at least twice a week, and she gives good monthly overviews as well. Of course, you have to know your moon sign.

Natalya

Nice site...thx Keslynn

lunalafey

not sure but I think this site takes both sun and rising into consideration...
www.starIQ.com
and they email..

Major Tom

Minderwiz said:
(Good Libra response)

The only email service I know where you can actually tell them what your Ascendant is (and find out if you don't know) is

http://www.astrocenter.com/

You might need to fiddle a bit to get it right but its better than the traditional approach.

Minderwiz

Thanks for this Minderwiz!

First off, let me thank everyone who provided a link - but there must be more of them out there. Who's your favorite?

I tried your link and was impressed enough to subscribe. I gave them my birthdate but I'm not sure that was enough to establish my Ascendant. I'm a Leo sun (5 planets in total). Taurus Ascendent and Scorpio moon.

I also, many years ago remember being impressed by Llewelyn's Moon Sign Book with the moon transits as they aspected Sun signs.

january

Right on, Minderwiz - i usually go by my scope on asterocenter as it gives me both rising and sun forecasts. Don't you just love the little love/career/health symbols?

Funny, in most newspaper scopes i read, the forecast for my rising sign (Taurus) is generally more reliable than the one for my sun sign (Capricorn).

~ january

Minderwiz

Major Tom,

If you've subscribed you should have filled in your birth date details and this will include not only the place but also the time. This should pick up your Ascendant.

If you're not sure, sign in, and look at the Sun sign and Rising sign just below your name. If they are the same, then its most likely that you have not entered the required data - click on the link to edit your rising sign data. There is a one in twelve chance that both your Sun sign and Rising sign are the same. So if you have filled in the data and it still says the same sign then this is probably the case. If you are not sure give me your birth data - time, place, date and I'll double check it for you.

Minderwiz

amyel

january said:
Funny, in most newspaper scopes i read, the forecast for my rising sign (Taurus) is generally more reliable than the one for my sun sign (Capricorn).

~ january
I find the same thing, except for me, it's my moon sign (Aquarius) taht is more me. They make my sun sign (Cappy) sound so dull, and serious - so focussed on work and ambition *all* the time. While I certainly have been accused of these things, it is not who I am all the time.