Short Reading spreads

charmed

Hi Tarot friends,

what type of spread will u use for a 10-15mins reading?

Namesta!

Sulis

Hi Charmed,

I use either a 3 card spread:
1. The situation
2. Problems / Things which may hinder
3. Things which may help

Or

A 5 card spread:
1. Past
2. Present
3. Hidden / unconcious influences
4. Advice
5. outcome

I tend to use these 2 spreads no matter how much time I have. Very occasionally I`ll do a Celtic Cross but I mean occasionally.

Love and light

Crystalmynx xx

charmed

crystalmynx said:
Hi Charmed,

1. The situation
3. Things which may help

Or

A 5 card spread:
1. Past
2. Present
3. Hidden / unconcious influences
4. Advice
5. outcome

I tend to use these 2 spreads no matter how much time I have. Very occasionally I`ll do a Celtic Cross but I mean occasionally.

Love and light

Crystalmynx xx

Thanks Crystalmynx,

I have have to try them. I mostly used celtic cross but have found it not so suitable for shorter readings.

I will work on these 2 spreads for now an see what happens.

Blessings
Charmed

nina

in favor of less is more

Hello,
Maybe it's because I'm still a novice, but I see any spread with more than eight cards as a senseless mess. Spreads like the Celtic Cross seem like they are more geared to an experienced reader- there are so many complexities and nuances to the interactions between the cards! I'm still taking my baby steps with the horseshoe and sword spreads. I get to writing about a reading in my journal and it can go on for many pages, imagine if i had ten or thirteen cards to deal with!
I just find it easier, if just learning, to start simple.
-Nina

Trogon

Howdy Charmed,

For real short, down & dirty quick looks at a subject or situation, I almost always use a 3-card spread. Usually Past-Present-Future, or Mind-Body-Spirit type of thing. If someone wants to know how their day is going to go, I use a 3-card daily pyramid layout; Beginning-Peak (or main theme)-Ending reading.

When I start adding more cards I find the readings get more in-depth and will last longer than your specified 15 minutes or so. For instance, a 5-card PPF will frequently take me 1/2 an hour or more. This is because the extra cards usually need more discussion.

Jim

how long should the average PPF reading last?

Trogon

Jim said:
how long should the average PPF reading last?
Howdy Jim,

I guess it depends on how in-depth the person I'm reading for seems to need to go. The thing is that sometimes, things will come up in these readings that a person really needs to have brought out. Strong emotions can be stirred up by things in the person's past or even their present cards. While I don't pry into their personal lives, digging these things out where the person can examine them, can occasionally take time. Also discussing how some past event or influence is having an affect in their present situation, or will continue to have an affect in the future can use up some time as well.

Having said that... most of mine seem to take between 15 to 30 minutes. "But actual mileage may differ."

Chiriku

Hi Charmed,

1. The situation
3. Things which may help

This seems like it would be suitable for quick readings at festivals, fairs, or parties/other public events. Because I don't often read at such events and my readings are mostly for individual sitters who have set aside time for a long reading (or occasionally, when I have something momentous going on in my life, for msyself), I have been composing my own spreads tailor-made to the querent's questions for about a decade now.

As a result, I am out of practice when it comes to short spreads with generic meaning positions (not using generic in the pejorative sense, by the way).

I'll have a think about it at work today and perhaps post any others I think of.

Chiriku

Very good, thanks, Glass Owl.

Here is one 4 carder I created for Halloween:

*you can lay out cards in any spread shape you prefer*

The Veil Between the Worlds: Halloween Night spread

1. A situation heretofore hidden, from which the veil is being/will soon be drawn

2. Forces that work against you

3. Forces that work in your favor

4. A message to you from those beyond the veil (advice or warning)