Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Live Tarot Readings Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive

New edition of The Tarot of Prague for 2016!

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Tarot Decks

Star clad

Padma 
Star clad

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLizarraga View Post
Thanks for the info, EnchantedShadow. FWIW, I am a Facebook member, and a "friend" of Baba Studio, and couldn't find that info when I was trying to dig it up for Padma. I guess it's not a recent post. They have been posting a lot about the Prague, between 'before and after' pictures of the cards and answers to people's questions.

Also, stuff that's 'public' on Facebook is only public for Facebook members, AFAIK.
I think you are right about members only seeing the public page.

Quote:
*nasal voice* Have I reached the party to whom I am speaking?
One ringy dingy...two ringy dingys...

Thanks for going to look for the book info for me, Flizzy! Even if you couldn't find it, thought much appreciated!
Top   #111
Citizen

Amberjune 
Citizen

Quote:
Please stop talking about that SCAAAAAAAAAARF!!!!!!

Sorry, it's just that I always wanted to say that.... http://haplesstigger.blogspot.com/20...e-routine.html
This had me in tears!! Hihihi...

They say on their FB page that the pre-orders open early next week.
I might get one with the discount coupon...
Top   #112
Star clad

Padma 
Star clad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amberjune View Post
This had me in tears!! Hihihi...

They say on their FB page that the pre-orders open early next week.
I might get one with the discount coupon...
Oh, is that for the book too? I can't access the FB!
Top   #113
Citizen

Amberjune 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padma View Post
Oh, is that for the book too? I can't access the FB!
Unfortunately it doesn't say. They do mention that the book is not very different from the 1ed book (except for the updated pictures). As I don't have a FB account, I can't post there to ask them. Was surprised to even be able to access the page...seems my pop up blocker is doing a good job today...
Top   #114
Star clad

Padma 
Star clad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amberjune View Post
Unfortunately it doesn't say. They do mention that the book is not very different from the 1ed book (except for the updated pictures). As I don't have a FB account, I can't post there to ask them. Was surprised to even be able to access the page...seems my pop up blocker is doing a good job today...
Thanks so much for answering I will send an email to them to find out, I guess! I will post the answer here
Top   #115
Citizen

FaintlyMacabre 
Citizen

Sorry about the scarf, but the post quoted was making it sound like such a great thing and privately I am thinking it is just less work than a bag which I would find more usefull. I have a drawerful of nice silk scarves that I will probably send to Goodwill.

I guess I"ll look at their FB page.

Diana
Top   #116
Citizen

Bluefeet 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padma View Post
Thanks for the info, EnchantedShadow! Sadly, when I go to that link (I am not a member of FB) after a few moments, this white opaque wall starts inching up the page until it is covered, saying "not a member? Join Facebook today!" and one does not have enough time to read the posts...or see through the white opaque weirdness wall!
Quote:
Thanks for the info, EnchantedShadow. FWIW, I am a Facebook member, and a "friend" of Baba Studio, and couldn't find that info when I was trying to dig it up for Padma...Also, stuff that's 'public' on Facebook is only public for Facebook members, AFAIK.
Strange indeed! I actually signed out from my account before posting the link, the page worked for me just fine. Could be a cookie thing though.

ETA see the attachment below.

Fliz, if you scroll down a little to the third post and expand the comment section, you'll see Karen response to a user inquiry, which covers that information. I always find the comment section more helpful than the actual posts.
Attached Images

Top   #117
Citizen

FaintlyMacabre 
Citizen

I read the info. The thing for me with that scarf is that is would be, "What do I do with this thing?" If I were to decide I wanted the deck, the scarf may just kick me to the cheaper one. I am sure it is a very nice scarf.

Diana
Top   #118
Citizen

Le Fanu 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by rylla View Post
"Alice was a new deck. No-one had it. Those who couldn't afford it - well, that was it. I didn't see anyone getting upset in this way when it came out." just proves it.
It doesn't prove anything. There were many posters /members in the Alice thread who were miffed at the price, so this just isn't really true. Lots of people bemoaned the price and were very public about having to forego the deck. The difference is - and this is crucial - is that the Alice simply didn't seem to captivate readers in the way that MRP's earlier work had. It was actually easier to find the Alice expensive and just let go. There hadn't been time for a mythology to develop. The Tarot of Prague has 12 years of accumulated mystery and magic and OOPness and yearning behind it. There really is so much more to it than this feeling of a simplistic "betrayal" of rightful, proper fans. But memories are short, and many people were harumphing at the price of the Alice.
Top   #119
Citizen

Nemia 
Citizen

The word "tantrum" though was a bit unkind.
Top   #120

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

The Aeclectic Tarot Forum closed permanently on July 14th, 2017. The public threads remain online as a read-only archive and resource. More information on our decision can be found here. Thank you for being a part of our active community over the past seventeen years.

Copyright © 1996 - 2017 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.