Three of cups and two of cups

PeopleWillBeYou

I asked my cards what would happen if I continue bonding with this guy and two of the cards that showed up was 3 of cups and 2 of cups. They were not together.. One card was in between. i have a hard time with the 3 of cups and 2 of cups.

To me, the 3 of cups talks about friendship and so does the 2 of cups. Me and him have been bonding and he tells me things like he trust me. But the 2 of cups doesnt that mean having some type of emotional bond with someone? Cause i think i can confirm that because that card showed up in my reading yesterday when i asked how does he feel about us talking. I kinda think of us as a team.. We dont really work together like that but we talk. I kinda need a little help with how the 3 of cups and 2 of cups because we aren't a couple.. But i think i do see him as a stable friend.

rwcarter

Moderator Note

Hi PeopleWillBeYou,

Per the UTC Posting Rules, you may list and/or discuss up to half of the cards from a reading in this forum. If you wish to just discuss the two cards in the thread title, then please remove mention of the card between them. If you feel that card provides context to the two cards that you wish to discuss then that discussion needs to happen in Your Readings and you will need to provide your interpretation of that central card.

If anyone provides an interpretation for the central card before you have a chance to edit, the thread will be moved to Your Readings.

rwcarter, co-Moderator of Using Tarot Cards

PeopleWillBeYou

Sorry about that rwcarter, i edited it. :)

Grizabella

You're friendly acquaintances with each other but maybe you moved that to having a budding connection in some areas. The 2 of Cups is an "early on" card where you meet somebody in a friendly, social surroundings and then find that you share some common interests and goals.You can look at it as the 3 of Cups shows you've met at a friendly type of affair of some kind, whether at a dance or a movie or a library or something. But then when you've both turned up at this venue as acquaintances, you find yourselves sitting at the same table and you get to talking and find you've really got an emotional connection of some kind as one-on-one interaction. The cards as I read them don't necessarily follow a linear path. The fact that the 3 of Cups and 2 of Cups go in a numerically descending line doesn't mean that the cards are "thinking about it" in this way. Instead, this would mean you've progressed to a one-on-one basis from a group acquaintance.

PeopleWillBeYou

You're friendly acquaintances with each other but maybe you moved that to having a budding connection in some areas. The 2 of Cups is an "early on" card where you meet somebody in a friendly, social surroundings and then find that you share some common interests and goals.You can look at it as the 3 of Cups shows you've met at a friendly type of affair of some kind, whether at a dance or a movie or a library or something. But then when you've both turned up at this venue as acquaintances, you find yourselves sitting at the same table and you get to talking and find you've really got an emotional connection of some kind as one-on-one interaction. The cards as I read them don't necessarily follow a linear path. The fact that the 3 of Cups and 2 of Cups go in a numerically descending line doesn't mean that the cards are "thinking about it" in this way. Instead, this would mean you've progressed to a one-on-one basis from a group acquaintance.

Thank you for your response. I really dont know what I am to him but yes we do have some things in common. I honestly didnt think he was a nice person but he really is. When I first started talking to him, he kept some things to himself. I think he didnt trust alot because he have been hurt before but after talking to him for a while now (one on one).. He started to open up and it turns out he's nicer than what anyone thinks. I do start to notice that we do have some type of connection too, but I didnt know if he knew or not but I think he does. Hopefully it will turn into some type of stable friendship. But what you say makes total sense. :)

starrystarrynight

Since there was a card between the Three of Cups and the Two of Cups in your reading, it might also mean that whatever that middle card is, is the energy that is standing between your going from a friendly-chummy relationship (Three) to a more intimate Two of Cups relationship.

Lucas Prince of Cats

It could represent, to me, shyness in a sense, awkwardness at first, but try real bonding, and the three of cups, represents reaching that point of the friendship in which the two of you are finally completely comfortable with each other, and probably even going out and doing activities or going to parties withe each other, or just hanging out.

Lucas Prince of Cats

I see the two of cups as a budding relationship, which is the new friendship, but you guys are still getting to know each other, perhaps still a little awkward or shy with each other. The three of cups represents reaching that point of the friendship in which you two are completely comfortable with each other, close, and socially active, hanging out, perhaps going out to parties and all that.

PeopleWillBeYou

I see the two of cups as a budding relationship, which is the new friendship, but you guys are still getting to know each other, perhaps still a little awkward or shy with each other. The three of cups represents reaching that point of the friendship in which you two are completely comfortable with each other, close, and socially active, hanging out, perhaps going out to parties and all that.

If thats the case then I wonder why I got the 3 of cups first and then the 2 of cups.. o_O or is in reverse? Lol

PeopleWillBeYou

Since there was a card between the Three of Cups and the Two of Cups in your reading, it might also mean that whatever that middle card is, is the energy that is standing between your going from a friendly-chummy relationship (Three) to a more intimate Two of Cups relationship.

Hmm that could be right too.. Your response sounds different than what others said though.. I'm not sure on if he thinks I'm an acquaintance or not now. I asked him before and he told me no but my cards before told me hes comfortable around me like a family member or something.