Out of it

Ansuya

Hi all.

I have been away from my tarot cards for a while now due to various reasons but mostly a bad relationship and making fun of my beliefs.

Any ideas on how I can get back into it ?

Thank you.

Ansuya

Apologies if this is in the wrong forum.

Tanga

Just start Ansuya. :)

Pull a card in the morning with the question "what could I wear today?"... see what the card has to say about that.
Pull a card in the evening asking "how could my day have gone better?" Or "Did I miss something today that might have been interesting?"

Look on this forum and read peoples questions and answers to card and spread interpretations...

Play!

You'll soon get the hang of it again.

kduphily

I agree with tanga, just start lol

I am doing the same thing, Sunday was the first time I played with my cards in almost 8 months, went threw a divorce and where I was living I couldn't really have my cards with me. Sunday I just picked a deck and started shuffling to get used to it again. Shuffling, putting back in order, shuffling again and so on, it helped

Ansuya

Thank u guys. I feel I must get back into it. It's so important

Ansuya

There is one more thing. I could never read for myself. I always seemed to transfer the answer I wanted into the cards. Has anyone else had this issue ?

Kat Moon

There is one more thing. I could never read for myself. I always seemed to transfer the answer I wanted into the cards. Has anyone else had this issue ?

Yes me! And I still can't read for myself. Which stinks, because that is why I was learning lol. I wish that I could or had some helpful advice, but just wanted to let you know that you are not alone

Ansuya

I thought it was just me. I can read wonders for others but for myself.... nothing. And that's also why I learnt.

Eish

Kat Moon

I thought it was just me. I can read wonders for others but for myself.... nothing. And that's also why I learnt.

Eish

Right?? I am able to give some accurate readings to others. But with me the cards just lay there and stare at me. Even if I succumb to the urge to get a book, the meanings don't make sense and everything is just a garbled mess. UGH not fair.

Ansuya

Tell me about it. Sometimes I get the book but nothing fits. The meanings are weird and don't mean anything.

Grizabella

Tarot is very forgiving. You should just pick the cards back up and begin again.

I don't read for myself very often, either. I'm not that great with it for myself.

I'm really sorry your relationship involved making fun of your beliefs. That was definitely not a good match.There's a sub-forum here for reading exchanges. It sounds to me like that would be a real help for you. Here's the link: Reading Exchange

But first you should read the rules here: Rules Reading the rules first is always helpful to me. I've been a member here a long time but I check out the rules sometimes myself. It does make things go more smoothly.