A Mind Influences Tarot Cards

sunstallion

When you want something badly your desires can affect the cards you draw. This is in part why a lot of people have trouble reading for themselves, they get the wrong cards or they get the right cards and interpret them to their liking. The reason being that you are accessing your subconscious knowledge when you pull and read cards, and so your desire can affect what cards you are drawn to pull because now your intent is secretly laden not with the desire to find the truth, but with the desire to see what you want to see. So your hidden desire is now affecting which cards you are drawn to pull.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I actually never had this problem before. I was just curious if anyone ever had this problem. However, I misinterpreted the cards because of my own bias and then someone else looked over the cards that I pulled, and had a different interpretation, then it came true that I misinterpreted the cards, but not the wrong cards were pulled.

headincloud

The card to my mind pick up on our energies, of course they'll project a likely outcome depending on your frame of mind at the time of the reading. Easy to prove this, do consistent readings on the same topic and it will change according to your frame of mind, and it teaches you self atonement - what we're drawing to ourselves.

IndigoWaves

I can see how if you believe the answers are coming from inside you (your subconscious mind) then your thoughts could play a role. My belief is that divination is a communication with the Divine and that my answers come from there. So to me, regardless of my thoughts they know and will send the right cards to give me the right answer (of course there is still the danger of misinterpreting if I were to to go into a reading really want on answer over another).
My own experience/"impression" of the act of Tarot card reading is something in between this, it seems... With cards being essentially pre-selected (unless completely random/unfocused on) by not a single, 100%-honest-and-benevolent "godlike" source but by one of many, perhaps countless unknown "spirits" or dis/un-incarnated humans... Entities that, at least sometimes, find Tarot cards an intriguing way to express themselves and/or connect with us -- leading some of them to actively "participate".

So, depending on the individual "spirit personalities" and wherever their feelings/sympathies lie, the cards that they "offer" or lead me (-others?) to select understandably vary. Ideally, though, our (technically) pre-determined cards are still helpful/"accurate" -- most likely when the reader/querent's mind has been sufficiently cleared of biasing thoughts and emotion before and during when the cards are drawn.

Sometimes, though, the cards "provided" are highly amusing, even sarcastic, context-wise (reflecting the "active spirit"'s sense of humour and/or urge to entertain)... Or, as per the topic of this thread, we may be "given" cards that merely confirm our beliefs and desires -- due to a spirit's sympathy with our plight and/or wish to instill a sense of personal power (even if doing so basically involves "lying"/related "card inaccuracy"... Placating or humouring a wee and understandably miserable human, in effect.)

On the flip side, there seems to be the chance of a cruel/sadistic spirit taking an interest -- one who attempts to lead the reader/querent astray with falsely "hopeful" cards, heartlessly eager, perhaps, to watch the resulting "show"... When this kind of energy/force is in effect, especially, I may very well be doing Tarot reading "wrong" by getting answers from potentially fickle ghosts rather than a single, 100% honest-and-benevolent source (which I don't personally believe in or sense, though many other people apparently do)... Even so, the way that "my" cards appear to me and/or are translated from others' "pulls" works well enough and often enough to suit me (and, at least some of the time, others for whom I've read/interpreted).

Barleywine

My own experience/"impression" of the act of Tarot card reading is something in between this, it seems... With cards being essentially pre-selected (unless completely random/unfocused on) by not a single, 100%-honest-and-benevolent "godlike" source but by one of many, perhaps countless unknown "spirits" or dis-/unincarnated humans... Entities that, at least sometimes, find Tarot cards an intriguing way to express themselves and/or connect with us, making some of them wish to "participate".

So, depending on the individual "spirit personalities" and wherever their feelings/sympathies lie, the cards that they "offer" or lead me (and maybe others) to select will understandably vary. Ideally, though, our technically pre-determined cards are objectively helpful/"accurate" -- most likely when the reader's mind is sufficiently cleared of biasing thoughts and emotion beforehand...

Sometimes, though, the cards "provided" are highly amusing or sarcastic, context-wise (reflecting the "active" spirit's sense of humour or wish to entertain)... Or, as per the topic of this thread, we may be "given" cards that merely confirm our beliefs and desired -- due to a spirit's sympathy witg our plight and/or wish to instill a sense of personal power in us (even if doing so involves "lying" and related card inaccuracy... Placating/"humouring" a wee and understably miserable human, in effect.)

On the flip side, there seems to be the chance of a cruel/sadistic spirit taking an interest -- one who attempts to lead the reader/querent astray with falsely "hopeful" cards, heartlessly eager to watch the resulting "show"... When this kind of energy/force is in effect, especially, I may very well be doing Tarot reading "wrong" by getting answers from potentially fickle ghosts rather than a single, 100% honest-and-benevolent source (which I don't personally believe in or sense, though many other people apparently do)... Even so, the way that "my" cards appear to me and/or are translated from others' "pulls" works well enough and often enough to suit me (and, at least some of the time, others for whom I've read/interpretated).

Sounds like a good description of what are sometimes called "astral" spirits or entities, which some rituals are designed to keep from entering the "operation," or to at least keep them well-behaved. The kind of beings you might meet while "skrying in the astral" or "path-working" if you're so inclined. I'm not entirely sure that isn't what my theoretical "subconscious channel" is tapping into, but if so the inimical side hasn't showed itself in any recognizable way, or my simple protective rituals have been effective.

IndigoWaves

The kind of beings you might meet while "skrying in the astral" or "path-working" if you're so inclined. I'm not entirely sure that isn't what my theoretical "subconscious channel" is tapping into, but if so the inimical side hasn't showed itself in any recognizable way, or my simple protective rituals have been effective.
Yes, my experience could rest along those lines, though relatively unintentionally; I must admit to having some ignorance and/or "mental limits" (prejudices, I daresay) of certain ethereal things such as "light-working" and direct communion with a "loving God" (which I personally doubt exists, based upon general observations, though others may nonetheless, somehow, experience It/Him/Her)... But really, who's to say which line, if any, is actually drawn where and whatnot? If "cosmic jokes" do exist, they may very well be on me, and any others who process this life similarly. ;)