GD Temple Tarot

Zephyros

I wonder if any correlation can be made between Pharaoh's six hundred chariots and... well, anything. Hmmm, I'll have to work on that.

Sorry... stray thought...

Richard

The Chariot has always made me think of Joseph, whose brothers sold him into Egypt, and he became a sort of vice-pharaoh with his own chariot. My favorite Bible story.

Zephyros

It's a story positively overloaded with symbolism, really amazing. Out of twelve brothers, perhaps symbolizing the zodiac, Joseph is the favored chosen one, receiving the royal robe. He then dies symbolically at the hands of his brothers, ith the blood of a goat, perhaps an the allusion to the custom of the scapegoat dying for the community's sins, serving as the mechanism of deception. Now, Reuben suggested throwing Joseph into a pit, intending to rescue him later. The Tribe of Reuben is attributed to Cancer, which is when the Summer Solstice occurs (this is assuming it occurred several thousand years ago at the same time as well. still, cool anecdote). Maybe Cancer is trying to "save" the dying sun? However, he was ultimately sold to the slave traders, achieved greatness, and so on. Vizier is right, especially when you consider that at the time the Pharoh was considered a god himself, and so his second in command got some residual godliness. And he got the job by performing miracles.

I won't go on, it would be too long. Like you said, it's an amazing story. :)

Richard

Fascinating analysis of a terrific story, clos!