Sacred Circle Study Group

Phoenyx*

This is one of my decks I don't use reversals with, only because I know ahead of time which ones are reversals and which aren't. :/

bonnycat

Hi Triquetra

Triquetra said:
This is one of my decks I don't use reversals with, only because I know ahead of time which ones are reversals and which aren't. :/

When don't use reversals I tend to look at the other cards around to get a feeling as to which cards are more negative than positive. That is the closest I can get to explaining it. It has worked up to now for me. I was just wondering how you know ahead of time, that is if you can explain it.

I do find when I use reseversals it is a bit easier and suprising at times.

mj07

hi! I'm totally new, just got into Tarot a little under 2 weeks ago. The Sacred Circle is the first deck I got, so I'd be really happy to join the discussion group (though since I'm so new at it, we'll see if I can even keep up!)

Phoenyx*

bonnycat said:
Hi Triquetra

When don't use reversals I tend to look at the other cards around to get a feeling as to which cards are more negative than positive. That is the closest I can get to explaining it. It has worked up to now for me. I was just wondering how you know ahead of time, that is if you can explain it.

I do find when I use reseversals it is a bit easier and suprising at times.

Like EDs in the Thoth?

hi! I'm totally new, just got into Tarot a little under 2 weeks ago. The Sacred Circle is the first deck I got, so I'd be really happy to join the discussion group (though since I'm so new at it, we'll see if I can even keep up!)

Welcome to the study group MJ07! As soon as everyone gets the deck we'll start. :)

lunakasha

Welcome mj07!!!

Don't worry about keeping up...just don't be shy about asking questions, and I am sure everyone here will do their best to help you and make you feel comfortable :cool:

Glad to have you here with us!

:p Luna

Kazz

Welcome mj07, it's nice to meet you:D.
You may want to introduce yourself in the new members section, so everyone can welcome you;)

Triquetra.......I don't use reversals with this deck either, I don't really know how to explain this, but the readings I have done in which some cards together can actually mean a reversal meaning of another card..;) It's hard to explain and I am probably as clear as mud..;) but IMHO, Reversals will always find a way of 'coming out' if they are needed to be heard, so I don't really worry too much about them.:)

Cheers
Kazz

mj07

thanks for the welcome...

and I'll run right over and introduce myself in the other thread.

One thing about reversals and this deck I've noticed: the explanations in the book rarely make any sense to me! I do still use them (though the back of the cards not being symetrical does bug me a little bit) but I try and think about what the symbols mean, the story behind it (if there is one) and figure out the reversal from there. But it's been pretty hard!

lunakasha

Hi mj!

Like you and, apparently, a few others here, I have not used reversals when reading with the Sacred Circle...what I try to do is trust my intuitive abilities when looking at the card, and then use the definitions in the book to complement my initial reaction to the card...I do skim through the "reversed" definition and try to determine whether or not that definition applies to the situation or not. As a general rule, I do not read reversed cards as having opposite meanings from the upright cards....I often only read the cards upright, but try to explore all aspects of the card, both positive and negative....

:) Luna

Nitegoddess

No cards yet gang... I am sad to report but I am hoping to have them this week!! :D
I am so excited that there is a large response to this. This is going to help me get used to the deck fairly quick. It's going to be so EXCITING!!

Indigo Rose

I got my new cards today.

They are really cool. I like the fact that all of the suits are represented on the back. I am looking forward to participating in this study group.
Blessings,
Indigo Rose :)