M'arse Says

swtdr34m3r

I have only browsed a few of the cards, but i must say, i like this deck already! the art is nice and the humor of the naming made me smile.

I think regular sized would be more flattering of the work you have put in, but a small travel sized deck would be nice for me because there are days where i am not at home and feel like doing a reading. I wish you could just make both, but that probably isnt cost efficient >~> <~<

blue_fusion

An example of a "badage" for the pips. Basically a conceptual play on a saying.

Sound advice, methinks, whether when dealing with adversaries or eggs.

Attachments

• 7wands.jpg
    7wands.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 214

Laura Borealis

Oooo I love that pip!

I am liking the idea of a non-pun version more and more.

:laugh: at the badage. It gave me an amusing mental image of white-clad and hatted chefs in a fancy kitchen, but using crude wooden sticks to beat eggs. :laugh:

tarot heart

An example of a "badage" for the pips. Basically a conceptual play on a saying.

Sound advice, methinks, whether when dealing with adversaries or eggs.

I LOVE the "badages"!

This is a Marseille deck we need! Please provide the pun version as they make the deck
soooo unique. Those who don't like them can trim! Win-win for everyone.

I don't think I would have even looked at this thread if not for the "M'arse" title so please make the ones with the puns. It's just so clever, unique, and necessary.

Thank you, Blue Fusion! :)

Barleywine

I am liking the idea of a non-pun version more and more.

Much as I love the puns, I suppose I agree. Having the puns could (and probably would) put a "spin" on the interpretation that might not be suitable for every situation (I'm thinking about reading situations). The beauty of the unadorned pips is that the only "pre-conditioning" they carry (other than the symbolism of the suit, number, color, etc) is that brought to them by the user.

Laura Borealis

Much as I love the puns, I suppose I agree. Having the puns could (and probably would) put a "spin" on the interpretation that might not be suitable for every situation (I'm thinking about reading situations). The beauty of the unadorned pips is that the only "pre-conditioning" they carry (other than the symbolism of the suit, number, color, etc) is that brought to them by the user.

He spoke of releasing it both ways. :) Which lets us choose either or both!

(Quoting so you don't have to hunt it down ↓ )

I might be able to finish and release the "serious" version of the deck by the end of the month or next month. I'm thinking of just calling it the Maria Celia Tarot. Not sure when I'll be able to finish the pun deck, tentatively named, (What Would) M'arse Say. I'll focus on the puns once I've finished all the line art.

blue_fusion

Yes, my original intention was for it to have Marseilles titles (and I might need help on this since I don't speak French!). I just started putting puns on the deck when I thought the HP reminded me a bit of Mother Shipton. And and then things got out of hand. :D

Regarding the serious deck, I'm posting 2 layouts for the minors' texts. Which of them is better?

Also: to box or not to box (and just sock? :D)? Once the deck is done, should I have it packaged in a box or just shrink-wrapped? The former costs and additional US$2.75 while the latter is free.

Attachments

• NON PUN 7 SWORDS.jpg
    NON PUN 7 SWORDS.jpg
    228.1 KB · Views: 186

Wendywu

It's probably too soon for you to be able to say, but do you have any (very) rough idea of the price range? I'll need to "liberate" funds from piggy-banks, husband and the housekeeping and having a rough total in mind would help a lot....