Decks you want to create

indigorising

There are some imagery ideas floating around in my head...

one is to throw the traditional meanings into a completely modern setting in terms of imagery... like I had this great idea for the Temperance card being a baker reading a book while the oven wafts steam.

That would be an awesome deck to see.

I've got a couple of ideas bouncing around in my head. I've sketched out a description of the images for some cards of one, and have a few notes for the others. Only one of them would likely be publishable, given copyright and all, but the others are fun as personal projects.

1) A deck based on the characters and situations of the X-Files. Just started notes for this one. Lots of Mulder and Scully of course. ;D

2) A Severus Snape-themed deck. This is the one I have the most written out for, and some very initial sketches of a card or two.

3) A Norse Lokean-centered deck, for myself and a few others who I know are unsatisfied with the existing Norse/Giants decks. This one I might actually try to publish whenever it's done. Gonna take a while, though.

maluithil

Sandman

I want to make a Sandman tarot that really uses all the characters in the sandman comics by neil gaiman but also still has most of the symbolism of RWS.
I think it would take a long time with a lot of copyright issues but it would be fun to delve deeper into the comic to really try and get all the meaning.
Also definitely good practice to learn tarot even more in depth.
J

Well, now that is a deck I need to exist. If it existed, I would get it. I'd even be interested in helping make it happen. Great idea!

2) A Severus Snape-themed deck. This is the one I have the most written out for, and some very initial sketches of a card or two.

3) A Norse Lokean-centered deck, for myself and a few others who I know are unsatisfied with the existing Norse/Giants decks. This one I might actually try to publish whenever it's done. Gonna take a while, though.

I would enjoy both of these decks, especially the Lokean deck. We need one, we really do. Let us know how it's going!

My current project is to assemble a Marvel deck. Less a whos-who feature of all popular characters and more a waite-smith inspired deck utilizing marvel characters, elements, end events wherever appropriate. I intend to start a thread for the project somewhere around here.

goldenquince

A deck incorporating herbal/botanical symbolism, with Greek and Norse and Celtic mythology, biological cycles, with some inferences to famous works of art, adhering to the Rider-Waite paradigm. Sounds kind of boring when I put it in words, like it's all been done before, but it's what I'm doing. All in pen and ink, probably finish with a watercolor wash and Photoshop highlights.

I'd love to see a deck based on Northern Renaissance woodcuts, ala Albrecht Durer, Hans Baldung Grien, or Hans Holbein (his Dance Macabre is insane).

There are just SO MANY POSSIBILITIES.

hrtanuki

I want to create a tea themed tarot deck.

The major arcana will follow the leaves journey through the tea making process as a reflection of our own passage through the lessons of life. The names and symbolism will be different but each will correlate with a traditional card. Even the order has remained roughly the same so far, though I will have to shift the Blending (Temperance) card to better fit the journey of the leaves.

The four suites in the minor arcana would be the suit of Black, Green, Oolong and Pu-erh.