Visconti Cards.

Cerulean

If you want book illustrations

Pierpont Morgan Visconti Sforza circa 1450

Brambella/Brera or Brera Tarot circa 1440-50

Cary Yale/ or maybe sometimes called Visconti de Madrone (?) circa 1440-45

Samples include:

The Art of the Tarot by Christina Olsen---lots of samples and available for under $15.00.

Brera
I Tarocchi: il caso e la fortuna
A cura di Sandrina Bandera

I think I've seen the latter on abebooks.com for about $25.00 and has good large size samples of the cards, including Berara, Pierpont-Morgan and Cary Yale.

The Michael Dummet Visconti Sforza book is excellent as well, but only has one deck.

Happy card comparisons!

Mari H>

Cerulean

Online link to view old version of cards fullsize

While the Dal Negro version may not be in our holiday budget, here's a way to see all the cards, the way that Lloyd described them, for historical students:

http://www.gambler.ru/sukhty/decks05/d02046/d02046.htm

Lloyd says:
These beautiful cards are larger than the size of our modern tarot, simply because the medieval necessity of fancy decorations sorrounded that weighs more than convenient shuffling. A hole has been punched in all cards, and two of the cards (Tower & Devil) were added by the modern reproduction.

While I put in a lower bid for this version on ebay, I've been outbid the last three times on other decks, because I've been only bidding what seems fair or lower...this version is available for $50.00 at alidastore.com. U.S. Games also has a reproduction, which I have, but I had it before it was $45.00.

Hopefully if any aeclectic fan does bid for it--no hard feelings, from me, I'll try to get it after the holidays when my budget is better-- I just want them aware of other pricing alternatives. But if it makes you feel better, you can outbid me at the 11th hour...