The best Marseilles book to start with

Miss Woo

Bonsoir Selena,

Another very interesting book is Sallie Nichols' "Jung and Tarot: An Archetypal Journey" which is based on the Marseilles Tarot.

Thanks very much, that does sound interesting :)

strings of life

I hate to tell you this, but the more books you read, the more of a mystery it becomes.

Wait till someone suggests Enrique Enriquez - which I politely didn't. Yet. But he is BRILLIANT...
Oh that's okay, I don't mind at all. I like mysteries.

Thanks, I will keep that book in mind as well :)
Less is more and free your mind and reading style. That's what makes reading TdMs glorious. Less clutter!

Buy Enrique Enriquez's's eBook (a PDF), Looking At The Marseilles Tarot: Notes On Tarot's
Optical Language
and thank me later: http://www.mindseyeview.com/marseilles-tarot.html

Much of the material in this eBook is also online here, but the book features more background information. Here are the threads: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=102599/marseilles-tarot.html.

Miss Woo

Less is more and free your mind and reading style. That's what makes reading TdMs glorious. Less clutter!

Buy Enrique Enriquez's's eBook (a PDF), Looking At The Marseilles Tarot: Notes On Tarot's
Optical Language
and thank me later: http://www.mindseyeview.com/marseilles-tarot.html

Much of the material in this eBook is also online here, but the book features more background information. Here are the threads: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=102599/marseilles-tarot.html.

'Less is more' - I like that. Thanks for the links! :)

3ill.yazi

Just an update: I've put the Jodorowsky book on pause for a moment, as it was becoming clear that it is just a bit too idiosyncratic for someone very new to TdM. I broke down and got Ben-Dov's book. Am about half way through and this one strikes me as a well written gem, and a much better fit for someone new to TdM.

Miss Woo

Just an update: I've put the Jodorowsky book on pause for a moment, as it was becoming clear that it is just a bit too idiosyncratic for someone very new to TdM. I broke down and got Ben-Dov's book. Am about half way through and this one strikes me as a well written gem, and a much better fit for someone new to TdM.

Thanks for letting me know! :)

Mine is still yet to arrive from the Book Depository.

Pam O

J-M David's is excellent too - but a total pain to buy - very pricey as a book and my experience with buying it on lulu was NOT fun.......
I did just push myself over the cliff and buy this book because it gets so many comments about being great. Lulu ended up being smooth, THANKFULLY, since I read several different people had issues buying...
The Jodorowsky book is good in various places. I did enjoy his look at numerology. It is a bit different, but it is an interesting angle. But, I did have to skip ahead on some chapters that are a bit just too much for me. He does go off on tangents, that is for sure! I am on page 122 now (out of 535).

Ben Dov's book was the first TdM book I read. I really enjoyed it. It was a pretty easy book to read and digest. I am planning on reading it again because it feels like there will be another layer of info now that I have ventured a bit deeper into the TdM cards. And, it does not take too long to read like some others....

I do like his deck also.

Have FUN. :) It took me over a couple of decades before the TdM started attracting me. Now I am absorbing a great deal from these teachers. Their guidance is bringing depth to reading symbolism in general. I am glad to be immersing myself in this additional area of Tarot. :cool:

Miss Woo

My Ben-Dov book arrived today and it is soaking wet because it was sent in a cardboard package and it sat on my doorstep all day while I was at work.

The book is basically water damaged. I'm so disappointed.

I hope they will let me send it back and agree to send me a new one in plastic packaging.

I got it from the Book Depository :(

Miss Woo

It's okay, I put my book on top of my Pug's crate and it has aired out and dried. I was worried that all the pages would be stuck together and it would be ruined. It's a bit wobbly looking, if you know what I mean, but I can handle that. I have emailed the Book Depository and recommended that they use plastic wrap in the future. Der!

Miss Woo

Last night I put a few heavy books on top of my Ben-Dov book and it has more or less straightened out so I'm happy with it and don't need to make a complaint etc.

I'm about to do my first reading with my Soprafino/Il Meneghello deck! How exciting! :)

gregory

My Ben-Dov book arrived today and it is soaking wet because it was sent in a cardboard package and it sat on my doorstep all day while I was at work.

The book is basically water damaged. I'm so disappointed.

I hope they will let me send it back and agree to send me a new one in plastic packaging.

I got it from the Book Depository :(
I have complained about this several times; we have a plastic bin for parcels, so it's usually OK, but I have BEGGED them to shrink wrap inside the cardboard. DO complain - this needs to happen ! (In fact it is down to the delivery service, who really shouldn't leave things where they can get wet - the day a parcel with a tapestry cushion cover in it was THOROUGHLY PEED ON by a passing cat did NOT please me - but I was lucky there; the sender had used about 200 layers of plastic bags (OK more like 10... :D) in case of rain - but still...)