Ace of cups tears..

Adriana

Every time I get ace of cups, like in a near future position, it has most often meant tears, emotional turmoil and a generally bad "feeling-like-a-raw-chicken" state of mind, and being alone. And it's usually caused by an outside event. And these emotions usually come fast and eventually leads to healing..

Ofc it took me quite some time to actually see that interpretation when I got it in the past since its supposed to often mean new emotional opportunities, new love or a more sweet, emotional phase in a relationship etc.

So yesterday I got this card for a certain situation, and today I have been feeling teary eyed.. So now its almost like I tear up just seeing the card lol But it makes me more prepared.

Does anyone else have that experience with ace of cups? Even in readings Ive done for others it usually means this.

danieljuk

one of my first ever posts on the forum was about this exact topic :) I was so confused as a newbie because this card came up as a daily card on a day when I found out that an online friend had sadly died of cancer. I was so confused because like you it's the tears and the positive Ace.

This card can show overwhelming emotion, both joy and sadness but there is a card already for sorrow and that is the 5 of Cups. So this must be different! In my case as a newbie, my online friend was very sick for a long time and was really suffering. So in some ways it was a release. I was emotional when I found out but I seemed to get all my "grieving out" if that makes sense.

You could also be crying with joy with this card or any emotion but if it is sadness, it's an expression! It's good to get it out perhaps. If you read reversals this can be about blocked or repressed emotion and it's unable to flow.

But it can be good to express your emotions, it's healthy and maybe leads you to a better place :) I like your idea about the tears of healing!

Intotouch

I have gotten this card for unrequited love. More than once. There are feelings of love but from one person. Usually this does end in tears or at least a feeling of lack.

cardwitch

From my experience, Cups can signify any kind emotional sharing and outflow, positive or negative. So, the Ace of Cups signifying overwhelming sadness makes sense to me.

As Danieljuk says, there can be healing in release. But that initial outpouring of unhappy feelings is never fun.

Sagittarius85

I agree with you. It can stand for overflowing negative emotions or tears as well. I got it in the near future position in connection with my ex. I was confident and happy and I got in touch with him. Yes.... he was polite.... but very stiff and detached towards me. I felt mortified, desperate and extremly sad. I didn't cry, but those feelings were awful.