2 of cups reversed + the Lovers upright

Estrus

Hi everybody. Been doing readings regarding an ex for someone and continuously saw these two cards in said positions. Would like to know what everyone's thoughts are on this pair: 2 of cups reversed coupled with The Lovers upright.

The two of cups reversed seems to show a lack of balance and connection. Ties have been severed in some way. But the Lovers always showing up in the upright position throws me off (mostly because I'm used to seeing both the 2 of cups and Lovers reversed post breakup). Would this indicate a reconciliation in terms of friendship down the road or a choice? Or something else?

tarot_quest

Could it be that this person, for now, made the choice to do not experience a connection with the other person?

If you got it following a breakup, it could mean that the connection/love feeling are over (or rejected) and hence, the choice was made to be apart from each others.

Grizabella

I agree. The reversed 2 of Cups could mean that the healing was blocked and the Lovers could mean this is it... this was the final straw.

In the case of the two cards in opposite positions with the 2 of Cups upright and the Lovers reversed I'd read it that there was room for healing between the two people. The big final decision whether or not to part for good was on hold and the choice had been to try to heal the rift.

That was then but this is now and the decision not to continue trying to mend things has been made. The best that can be hoped for is a possible friendship somewhere down the road.

neiajuanawilliam

Hey seems like the 2ofCups reversed represents a lack of love or as said prior a connection....No commitment....however....a choice has been made to be sexual . To continue to have sex....with no emotional ties....No commitment.

dailytarot

The Lovers always are more than friendship.

They have passion between then. And they are not good partners. Thet became enemies by frustration.