What is Strength trying to tell me?

Ruledbythemoon

Hi all, I have gotten Strength a number of times in readings regarding my relationship with my ex, who I still talk to on occasion and there still seems to be something there but under the surface. It's hard to explain, anyway my last reading I asked what he wanted with me and the first card I pulled was Strength. I them asked the cards what Strength is trying to tell me and pulled The Star, The Sun and 10 of Cups... I was so surprised to get such positive cards, particularly to the question of what he wants with me. The Star, to me, seems to say hold out, have hope and thugs will get better (the sun). The Sun could also be telling me that something has yet been brought to light but whatever it is could lead to the celebration and feeling of accomplishment in the 10 of cups. Thoughts?

velvet moon

Hi all, I have gotten Strength a number of times in readings regarding my relationship with my ex, who I still talk to on occasion and there still seems to be something there but under the surface. It's hard to explain, anyway my last reading I asked what he wanted with me and the first card I pulled was Strength. I them asked the cards what Strength is trying to tell me and pulled The Star, The Sun and 10 of Cups... I was so surprised to get such positive cards, particularly to the question of what he wants with me. The Star, to me, seems to say hold out, have hope and thugs will get better (the sun). The Sun could also be telling me that something has yet been brought to light but whatever it is could lead to the celebration and feeling of accomplishment in the 10 of cups. Thoughts?

Maybe post in the my readings forum? though what do I know, I'm a newbie here and keepin getting it wrong hehe

Strength: is it possible that you still have feelings for him more than he still has feelings for you? He could be sensing this and wanting you to be strong and independent, to move on from him so the two of you can be friends.
Alt/ he wants a friends with benefits sitch? - strength indicating an independent woman in dominance of her own sexual life (maybe he wants you to make the first move in that direction)

The Star: could mean he wants you to have hope of the right guy coming along and not pin all your romantic hopes on him.

Alt/ the star can indicate sexual fantasies, since you're asking 'what he wants with me' he wants his way with you without the relationship - again I see the star as this ethereal solitary creature, the kind that shows up in your life for a little magic (aka sex) and then dissappears into the moonlight- a booty call.

The sun: he wants his desire for this set up - or atleast for the friendship set up to come to light, for you to realize and accept this- perhaps he somehow thinks you're hanging on for more/regression.

ten of cups: is often seen as the end all wish for relationship and marriage, but I also see it as just wanting an ideal situation (that is, the querents idea of an ideal situation) peace harmony - no relationship drama just the 'good stuff' as you said 'celebration' I think this dude wants to party with you still, if ya know what I mean ;-) (could also go back to friendship, wants to go out with you as friends)

My final word on Strength, though, I think either way he wants *something* with you, he also wants strong boundries to be set, something clear and decided (he's not enjoying the guess work of where you two stand with eachother) this is clarified by the sun.

I hope atleast some of this is helpful :)

Ruledbythemoon

Maybe post in the my readings forum? though what do I know, I'm a newbie here and keepin getting it wrong hehe

Strength: is it possible that you still have feelings for him more than he still has feelings for you? He could be sensing this and wanting you to be strong and independent, to move on from him so the two of you can be friends.
Alt/ he wants a friends with benefits sitch? - strength indicating an independent woman in dominance of her own sexual life (maybe he wants you to make the first move in that direction)

The Star: could mean he wants you to have hope of the right guy coming along and not pin all your romantic hopes on him.

Alt/ the star can indicate sexual fantasies, since you're asking 'what he wants with me' he wants his way with you without the relationship - again I see the star as this ethereal solitary creature, the kind that shows up in your life for a little magic (aka sex) and then dissappears into the moonlight- a booty call.

The sun: he wants his desire for this set up - or atleast for the friendship set up to come to light, for you to realize and accept this- perhaps he somehow thinks you're hanging on for more/regression.

ten of cups: is often seen as the end all wish for relationship and marriage, but I also see it as just wanting an ideal situation (that is, the querents idea of an ideal situation) peace harmony - no relationship drama just the 'good stuff' as you said 'celebration' I think this dude wants to party with you still, if ya know what I mean ;-) (could also go back to friendship, wants to go out with you as friends)

My final word on Strength, though, I think either way he wants *something* with you, he also wants strong boundries to be set, something clear and decided (he's not enjoying the guess work of where you two stand with eachother) this is clarified by the sun.

I hope atleast some of this is helpful :)

Thanks! I wasn't sure where to post this either but it was part of another reading so I don't know! Haha At this point I don't really know what I feel for him and he knows I'm not very happy with him at the moment and kept telling me he felt bad about things etc. I think you're right that he at least percieves me as still having feelings for him but I'm not convinced his feelings for me are completely gone either.. I think I might post the reading Strength was in and see what others have to say. I'm pretty new to tarot and not sure if I pulled too many clarifying cards. Your insights have given me something to think about. Thanks!

velvet moon

Thanks! I wasn't sure where to post this either but it was part of another reading so I don't know! Haha At this point I don't really know what I feel for him and he knows I'm not very happy with him at the moment and kept telling me he felt bad about things etc. I think you're right that he at least percieves me as still having feelings for him but I'm not convinced his feelings for me are completely gone either.. I think I might post the reading Strength was in and see what others have to say. I'm pretty new to tarot and not sure if I pulled too many clarifying cards. Your insights have given me something to think about. Thanks!

Good idea :)

i've only been reading for two years, too.

there are traditional meanings but you can allow yourself to study the card and instinctually take a card to have a unique meaning for you as well, this will help in future when they show up again :)

I don't think there's a rule for how many clarifyers though we have to be careful notto keep going untill we get the message we want. these are really positive and strong cards you pulled, though and i think they clarify strength nicely. You could be absaloutely right that he still has feeling with you, with 'what he wants' I assumed it wasn't a relationship he's looking for, since you two broke up? and if there are no cards to show he has feelings of conflict or anguish over that descision but the human heart is a strange, strange thing ;-)

Ruledbythemoon

Good idea :)

i've only been reading for two years, too.

there are traditional meanings but you can allow yourself to study the card and instinctually take a card to have a unique meaning for you as well, this will help in future when they show up again :)

I don't think there's a rule for how many clarifyers though we have to be careful notto keep going untill we get the message we want. these are really positive and strong cards you pulled, though and i think they clarify strength nicely. You could be absaloutely right that he still has feeling with you, with 'what he wants' I assumed it wasn't a relationship he's looking for, since you two broke up? and if there are no cards to show he has feelings of conflict or anguish over that descision but the human heart is a strange, strange thing ;-)

I've only been reading for a few months and feel like I have no idea what I'm doing haha. I thought I'd pull three just to get a good feel but now kind of feel like it confused me more. The three cards I did pull though seem like an interesting progression. Im going to have to think more about it! I did post the full reading.

WondererW

My instant feeling with this is much more optimistic:

Star- he has hopes of getting back with you but he realizes that it might be unattainable

The Sun- he has very warm feelings for you still.

The Ten of Cups- he is oozing lots of feeling for you and over-idealizing the situation you had.

In post-break-up situations where one party wants to get back together, this may signify that intense angst of 'willing to do anything and wanting to get back with your ex'.

pandap

There are a number of commonalities between Strength, the Star, the Sun and the 10 of Cups, which is essentially what you are looking for to further explain the meaning of Strength.

Strength can be about having inner strength to endure, perseverance, determination, trying to change the nature of something that doesn't really want to change, calming something that is volatile, or even recovery from ill health. It is a lot of hard work to improve upon something, which takes time and patience and the right approach.

The Star is generally about nurturing, healing, revitalising, re-energising, light at the end of the tunnel and having a positive outlook, that sort of thing.

The Sun can also indicate revitalising, energising, and improvement after a difficult time. It can also highlight strength - if you look at the sunflowers, which signify growth and strength, they are tall, strong and resilient against mother nature's fury. It also generally represents happiness, joy, good health and feeling optimistic, with a positive outlook.

The 10 of Cups is the calm after the storm, there's a promise of better times ahead, an end to tension and difficulties and harmony being restored.

So all these cards can indicate generally in some form or another, growing stronger, healing, renewing, and can promise improvement after a difficult period.

If you had a difficult time whilst you were with your ex or after the breakup, maybe he wants to fix this and restore things, to renew and revitalise the relationship and improve it, so you both get on with each other better than you previously did.

Ruledbythemoon

My instant feeling with this is much more optimistic:

Star- he has hopes of getting back with you but he realizes that it might be unattainable

The Sun- he has very warm feelings for you still.

The Ten of Cups- he is oozing lots of feeling for you and over-idealizing the situation you had.

In post-break-up situations where one party wants to get back together, this may signify that intense angst of 'willing to do anything and wanting to get back with your ex'.

Thank you WondererW. If he does feel all these things I think it is buried under the surface as he told me he is seeing someone but he continues to text me to see how I'm doing. I hope he does feel these things though!

Ruledbythemoon

There are a number of commonalities between Strength, the Star, the Sun and the 10 of Cups, which is essentially what you are looking for to further explain the meaning of Strength.

Strength can be about having inner strength to endure, perseverance, determination, trying to change the nature of something that doesn't really want to change, calming something that is volatile, or even recovery from ill health. It is a lot of hard work to improve upon something, which takes time and patience and the right approach.

The Star is generally about nurturing, healing, revitalising, re-energising, light at the end of the tunnel and having a positive outlook, that sort of thing.

The Sun can also indicate revitalising, energising, and improvement after a difficult time. It can also highlight strength - if you look at the sunflowers, which signify growth and strength, they are tall, strong and resilient against mother nature's fury. It also generally represents happiness, joy, good health and feeling optimistic, with a positive outlook.

The 10 of Cups is the calm after the storm, there's a promise of better times ahead, an end to tension and difficulties and harmony being restored.

So all these cards can indicate generally in some form or another, growing stronger, healing, renewing, and can promise improvement after a difficult period.

If you had a difficult time whilst you were with your ex or after the breakup, maybe he wants to fix this and restore things, to renew and revitalise the relationship and improve it, so you both get on with each other better than you previously did.

Thanks pandap. I had a difficult time after the break up and I think he did too. He does not want me to be mad at him, he worries a lot about that but I am not sure if he wants to try to repair things with me (at least not to the extent of getting back together) unless it's something he's going over in his mind and not talking to me about it. Thanks for your thoughts! I have lots to consider.

pandap

Thanks pandap. I had a difficult time after the break up and I think he did too. He does not want me to be mad at him, he worries a lot about that but I am not sure if he wants to try to repair things with me (at least not to the extent of getting back together) unless it's something he's going over in his mind and not talking to me about it. Thanks for your thoughts! I have lots to consider.

I don't think it refers to actually getting back together, more wanting to improve the relationship between you as individuals who get on better as people, not as a couple, because you mentioned you've had this particular card come up a number of times regarding him, and because you mentioned that you still talk to him occasionally. If there were "romance" type of cards involved, then possibly reconciliation, but with just Strength, it's more just wanting to restore things to a better level. Him not wanting you to be mad it him makes better sense.