cinnamon

GotH

Finally sipping on some Hawaiian coffee brew with a sprinkle of cinnamon in it. I used to do this a long time ago but stopped. Forgot how wonderful it is. :heart:

celticnoodle

Finally sipping on some Hawaiian coffee brew with a sprinkle of cinnamon in it. I used to do this a long time ago but stopped. Forgot how wonderful it is. :heart:

Hawaiian coffee brew? is it sweet tasting? I'm not really a coffee person, and I don't think I've ever heard of this type. But, it does sound tasty--esp. with the cinnamon!

GotH

Hi CN.. It's coffee that's grown in Hawaii. You've never heard of Kona Coffee? It's the best. :)

Demeter_star

Cinnamon foot soak

Great thread.
If you love cinnamon you have to try a cinnamon foot soak!!

Just add about 5 drops of a good quality essential oil yo a bowl of hot water and soak ... This is used a lot in Chinese medicine to moe and warm the blood... Boost circulation. It's great for cold feet and really soothing for period pain.

You can also add frankincense, Myrhh, clove and ginger.... It's fantastic...

Don't use if pregnant though.

i studied Chinese medicine and all the women i treat who do this regularly notice a big difference with their next period...

celticnoodle

Hi CN.. It's coffee that's grown in Hawaii. You've never heard of Kona Coffee? It's the best. :)

No, I don't think I have. But then, I'm really not a coffee drinker. :laugh:

Great thread.
If you love cinnamon you have to try a cinnamon foot soak!!

Just add about 5 drops of a good quality essential oil yo a bowl of hot water and soak ... This is used a lot in Chinese medicine to moe and warm the blood... Boost circulation. It's great for cold feet and really soothing for period pain.

You can also add frankincense, Myrhh, clove and ginger.... It's fantastic...

Don't use if pregnant though.

i studied Chinese medicine and all the women i treat who do this regularly notice a big difference with their next period...

Oh, now, THIS sounds lovely!!! I have terrible circulation and always cold feet. This sounds delightful! Thank you for the idea.

linnie

oh, you are so lucky to be able to grow your own cinnamon trees, Linnie! Can you smell the cinnamon when you are standing near it, or is this aroma only good once you peel the bark from the tree? Do the flowers also smell? Do you use the leaves of the plant, as I read that the leaves are also good to use.

carrot cake was always our daughters favorite cake since she was a kid.

:laugh: Oh my!!! My husband had a female friend in HS who use to react to drinking coka-cola. It made her like she was drunk. She just couldn't handle coke.
I have seen on one of the sites I believe were included in this thread about making cinnamon scrubs for your face. You can also buy it already made up, but it is quite expensive. However, my skin is very delicate and I can't use scrubs. I was thinking about perhaps making a cinnamon 'mask' though to see how it works on my skin. Its suppose to help with skin conditions like rosacea--which I do have, but rarely have any breakouts. In fact, I can't recall the last time I had a breakout--and I have to attribute that to the coconut oil I use as a facial cleanser and moisturizer. But, I am hopeful the cinnamon may still help with that.
The tree is several years old and hasn't flowered yet... i'm nervous that when it does flower, it may become a weed like it's closest cousin, Camphor Laurel, which is about as welcome here in OZ as the Cane Toad, Bufo! I haven't used the leaves, because I'm not a huge fan of Cinnamon... S-I-L and I did try to get some curls from a branch that needed lopping, but it was too small to offer much bark up yet. We watched a whole documentary a couple of years ago called the Cinnamon Growers, and it looks like quite a bit of work... it's a pretty tree, but it looks just like Camphor laurel, which is here in the thousands being its weedy self, soooooo... :D I'd just keep on buying your sticks, CN :D

Drunk on coke...? No wonder... I used to drink a really delicious and 'health-giving' brew created by monks, containing dozens of herbs and spices... oops... blackout... have to hop off before wifi connection uses all my hone credit and battery... :( Growl!!!

GotH

Hi CN! :)

I'm reviving this post because I'm REALLY, really craving cinnamon right now! Could there be any certain reason for this? Like a malnourishment of some kind? :)

Making Tapioca Pudding right now to have a bit with some tea later. :love:

CosmicBeing

Hi CN! :)

I'm reviving this post because I'm REALLY, really craving cinnamon right now! Could there be any certain reason for this? Like a malnourishment of some kind? :)

Making Tapioca Pudding right now to have a bit with some tea later. :love:

herbs are tied to chakras

Cinnamon I believe is tied to solar plexus chakra...self esteem & confidence...it's a herb that is very comforting and can rebuild the lack of faith/foresight/confidence....which ever way you wish to explain it.

I mostly eat cinnamon when I need to relax and pump up my moods...mostly tied to good memories of childhood with cinnamon, plus obsessed with cinnamon flavored food...just not into pastries much.

If you make home-made butter (beat some cream until it becomes butter).....have cinnamon and brown sugar in it...very yummy with a toasted english muffin or toasted slice of bread...yum yum....even can put it on top of pancakes.

GotH

herbs are tied to chakras

Cinnamon I believe is tied to solar plexus chakra...self esteem & confidence...it's a herb that is very comforting and can rebuild the lack of faith/foresight/confidence....which ever way you wish to explain it.

I mostly eat cinnamon when I need to relax and pump up my moods...mostly tied to good memories of childhood with cinnamon, plus obsessed with cinnamon flavored food...just not into pastries much.

Ah thanks for this CosmicBeing.. Interesting to know it's tied to the solar plexus chakra. My moods haven't been the best lately so maybe this is my inner self's way of getting me into a better one. :lightbulb

Cinnamon is fav of mine. A quick and yummy snack is cinnamon toast. Buttered toast, sprinkled with cinnamon and drizzled with honey. Fab. :love:

GotH

If you make home-made butter (beat some cream until it becomes butter).....have cinnamon and brown sugar in it...very yummy with a toasted english muffin or toasted slice of bread...yum yum....even can put it on top of pancakes.

Some how i didn't see this part.. This sounds delish! I will have to try it for sure!