Beginner to the crystal world

Deana86

Hi all, I'm a complete newbie. I have been through so many rough patches these last few months, a friend who is into crystals recommended me to try. I've done just that.

I have bought so far:
2x rose quartz wands
2x Amethyst tumblestones
2x rose quartz heart and tumblestone
The below crystals are tumblestones
Lapis lazuli (not sure how to spell that one)
Clear quartz
Carnelian
Calcite piece and tumblestone
rhodochrosite
black tourmaline
Bloodstone
celestite
Malachite

I've been sleeping with rose quartz, Calcite and for the first time carnelian under my pillow. I wear rose quartz, Calcite and malachite daily in my bra.

I've recently suffered from a broken heart due to relationship break down as well as other things that seem to keep pulling me down. I'm in desperate need to heal, to be happy, to get rid of my constant head over thinking everything, I'm a highly jealous person and I have no self confidence at all. I have no courage left and I've simply hit rock bottom with my depression and anxeity.

I would love to hear from others on getting the most out of my crystals, besides just sleeping with them or carrying a couple around.

Thank you

Padma

Meditating with them helps. Put the crystal in your left hand, and open yourself to feeling things physically from it. Then let yourself drift into meditation with the stone, asking it how it can help you. You are sure to get flashes of insight.

You can also lay down, and put the stones on the corresponding chakra points, and lay there for a bit with them. The chakras go: White, above your head; purple or very dark blue, on your brow; paler blue on your throat; pale green or pink or both on your heart; yellow just above navel; bright orange and red above pubic area; black at your feet.

You can also ask the stones (called programming) to help you in specific focuses or tasks. There are also a few threads here, written by Hemera, at the top of the crystal subforum, with information about crystal studies, as well as how to cleanse and keep your stones.

There is also this site, which has an amalgamation of information from every crystal bible out there: https://www.crystalvaults.com/guides-crystals

You can program yours, and weave them into jewelry; you can make crystal grids from them, and place them around your house; you can use them to comfort and soothe and ground yourself :) You can use them to make elixirs, too, but not all stone elixirs should be taken internally - check this page first - http://www.healingcrystals.com/Crystal_Cautions_Articles_1009.html

I hope you really enjoy working with yours! Their actions are slow moving, so please give each crystal time to resonate with you (normally at least 21 days). They can do a lot of good as a supportive treatment, especially for emotional hurts. (It goes without saying though that if you are physically unwell, you should get proper doctor's treatments).

Anyways I hope they can help you. Be open to them, and they will be open to you! :heart:

Deana86

Thank you Padma, I'm going to start looking into everything you have mentioned. I'll start by programming and meditating.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Beancrew49

Padma pretty much said it all. I'd just like to reiterate the importance of meditating with the crystals. There are a couple techniques that have helped me to connect to them.

In meditation, hold the crystal out in front of you in both hands, touching the stone with your thumb and middle fingers. If the crystal has a point then have it pointing towards your non-dominant hand. Then visualize a ball of energy moving from your heart, through your dominant (sending) arm, through your hand, through the crystal, down through your non-dominant (receiving) arm, and back into your heart. Move this ball of energy faster and faster until you create a circuit with the crystal and the energy flows freely without you doing anything. You will feel this happen, with practice. Then, place the crystal in your receiving hand or on the corresponding chakra.

Another simpler technique that I use is to hold the crystal in your receiving hand or on your third eye chakra, and breath in and out slowly. With every in-breath, visualize yourself breathing in that crystal, focusing on its color and texture. With your out-breath, visualize yourself going into the crystal, like you've been shrunken down and you now live inside of it. See yourself surrounded by the color and texture of the crystal. Do this with every in and out breath until you feel a bonding with the crystal.

I use Padma's website a lot, but I also really like this one here:
http://www.healing-crystals-for-you.com/

Between those two sites most of your crystal questions should be answered. I hope this helps and keep us updated on how it's going or if you have any questions.

Deana86

Padma pretty much said it all. I'd just like to reiterate the importance of meditating with the crystals. There are a couple techniques that have helped me to connect to them.

In meditation, hold the crystal out in front of you in both hands, touching the stone with your thumb and middle fingers. If the crystal has a point then have it pointing towards your non-dominant hand. Then visualize a ball of energy moving from your heart, through your dominant (sending) arm, through your hand, through the crystal, down through your non-dominant (receiving) arm, and back into your heart. Move this ball of energy faster and faster until you create a circuit with the crystal and the energy flows freely without you doing anything. You will feel this happen, with practice. Then, place the crystal in your receiving hand or on the corresponding chakra.

Another simpler technique that I use is to hold the crystal in your receiving hand or on your third eye chakra, and breath in and out slowly. With every in-breath, visualize yourself breathing in that crystal, focusing on its color and texture. With your out-breath, visualize yourself going into the crystal, like you've been shrunken down and you now live inside of it. See yourself surrounded by the color and texture of the crystal. Do this with every in and out breath until you feel a bonding with the crystal.

I use Padma's website a lot, but I also really like this one here:
http://www.healing-crystals-for-you.com/

Between those two sites most of your crystal questions should be answered. I hope this helps and keep us updated on how it's going or if you have any questions.
Thank you Beancrew

I tried meditation for the first time with each stone in the chakra position. I used youtube to find a chakra meditating video. I felt amazing afterwards, I felt content and negative free. I will try both your ways and look into that website. Find which meditating gives me the best results using my crystals.

I will need to meditate first thing this morning as I can feel alot of negativity and confusion inside me with high anxeity after waking up.

When it comes to sleeping with crystals under my pillow, does it matter which crystals I use to put under my pillow? Can I use them all or only pick a certain few or only one crystal at a time?

Beancrew49

Thank you Beancrew

I tried meditation for the first time with each stone in the chakra position. I used youtube to find a chakra meditating video. I felt amazing afterwards, I felt content and negative free. I will try both your ways and look into that website. Find which meditating gives me the best results using my crystals.

I will need to meditate first thing this morning as I can feel alot of negativity and confusion inside me with high anxeity after waking up.

When it comes to sleeping with crystals under my pillow, does it matter which crystals I use to put under my pillow? Can I use them all or only pick a certain few or only one crystal at a time?

You can put any crystal under your pillow and receive its energy through the night, but some crystals will actually help with your sleep and dream state. Scolecite, Lithium Quartz, Lepidolite, and Amethyst are examples of stones that will actually promote restful sleep when placed under your pillow. Jade, Azurite, and Herkimer Diamond are known to promote more vivid, memorable dreams. I've actually programmed my Herkimer to record my dreams. I sleep with it under my pillow every night and the first thing I do when I wake up is meditate with the Herkimer and ask it to show me my dreams. It doesn't always work, but oftentimes the Herkimer will remind me of things that happened in my dream that I wouldn't have remembered.

If you are waking up tired, grumpy, or depressed then you can be fairly certain that a negative presence was distracting you from restful healing during your dream state. If this continues then I would recommend more protective stones under your pillow. Obsidian, Tourmaline, Labradorite, Nuummite work well for me.

Remember that working with stones is very subjective and what works for me might not work for you. Keep working and experimenting with them. Use one at a time so you get a real sense of what each one does on it's own before you start to combine them.

Deana86

You can put any crystal under your pillow and receive its energy through the night, but some crystals will actually help with your sleep and dream state. Scolecite, Lithium Quartz, Lepidolite, and Amethyst are examples of stones that will actually promote restful sleep when placed under your pillow. Jade, Azurite, and Herkimer Diamond are known to promote more vivid, memorable dreams. I've actually programmed my Herkimer to record my dreams. I sleep with it under my pillow every night and the first thing I do when I wake up is meditate with the Herkimer and ask it to show me my dreams. It doesn't always work, but oftentimes the Herkimer will remind me of things that happened in my dream that I wouldn't have remembered.

If you are waking up tired, grumpy, or depressed then you can be fairly certain that a negative presence was distracting you from restful healing during your dream state. If this continues then I would recommend more protective stones under your pillow. Obsidian, Tourmaline, Labradorite, Nuummite work well for me.

Remember that working with stones is very subjective and what works for me might not work for you. Keep working and experimenting with them. Use one at a time so you get a real sense of what each one does on it's own before you start to combine them.
Good point, thank you. It's good getting all these hints and tips, new things I can try with my crystals.