How to work with the Mary-El Tarot

uraszz

Hello

I've received my copy of the Mary-El Tarot yesterday and I'm slowly but surely falling in love with it. I feel like I've come home with this deck, it's so familiar, nostalghic even. It's an interesting feeling, like a childhood memory... Yeah, I like that, it describes the sensation better. The feeling you get when you think about a childhood memory you treasure, that you know will not repeat but you still long for it to do so

What an emotional response...

I just wanted to ask if anyone here who works with the Mary-El could give me suggestions on how to work with it. I've got two ways infront of me. Either I'm going to learn it through doing readings or I'm going to learn it through first the study of the guidebook (which is phenomenal!) to integrate the images with the meanings and mythology of the deck

I'm leaning towards the second path to be honest but I just wanted to get the opinions of different practitioners

Thank you

Sincerely

-uraszz

Thoughtful

So pleased that you received your Mary-El. The responses you felt from the deck have got me even more interested in obtaining the deck for myself.
To start your learning why not look at the study group thread here to see what other people have gleaned from the different cards. It all adds to the experience.

http://www.tarotforum.net/forumdisplay.php?f=162

Achlys

Personally I work through the deck card by card and write my own impressions. Then I try readings with them to see how they connect. After I've acquainted myself, then I go to the guidebook. Makes it a more unique experience

starlightexp

First off I would say read cards not books. See what you see. Then go see what you don't

Citrin

I've always read very intuitively with the Mary-El, to me it speaks clearly with no need for the book.

I personally found the book a bit difficult to follow and all the different myths and stories confused me instead of giving me insight into the cards...

uraszz

So pleased that you received your Mary-El. The responses you felt from the deck have got me even more interested in obtaining the deck for myself.
To start your learning why not look at the study group thread here to see what other people have gleaned from the different cards. It all adds to the experience.

http://www.tarotforum.net/forumdisplay.php?f=162

If you have an interest towards Numerology, Kabala, Energy, Symbology and Mythology you will not be disappointed. I definitely recommend it!

Thank you for pointing me there

Sincerely

-uraszz

uraszz

Personally I work through the deck card by card and write my own impressions. Then I try readings with them to see how they connect. After I've acquainted myself, then I go to the guidebook. Makes it a more unique experience

I'm using a hybrid approach right now. I'm going through the deck card by card but also conductng readings of one and three cards. I first write my own impressions then look the card up so as to gain a more cohesive understanding of the deck which does not leave out the view and perspective of the artist and also contains my own original approach

Thank you

Sincerely

-uraszz

uraszz

First off I would say read cards not books. See what you see. Then go see what you don't

This is a beautiful approach and one I'll definitely be keeping in mind

Thank you very much

Sincerely

-uraszz

uraszz

I've always read very intuitively with the Mary-El, to me it speaks clearly with no need for the book.

I personally found the book a bit difficult to follow and all the different myths and stories confused me instead of giving me insight into the cards...

I'm an American Literature major so we also take classes about Classical Western Literature with a lot of emphasis on Mythology. I think that's why I've found all the references to be genius and helpful. I do understand though that it's not a necessary part of reading the Mary-El and can be quite confusing for someone not as interested or does not resonate with the references

Thank you

Sincerely

-uraszz

Topaz_CharmTemple

I'm an American Literature major so we also take classes about Classical Western Literature with a lot of emphasis on Mythology. I think that's why I've found all the references to be genius and helpful. I do understand though that it's not a necessary part of reading the Mary-El and can be quite confusing for someone not as interested or does not resonate with the references

Thank you

Sincerely

-uraszz

Very cool! I love the connections between tarot & literature.