Animals Divine - 6 The Lovers - Brahma & Saraswati

Ivy Rhiannon

Picture: http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd443/TrinityQueen/6-Lovers-BrahmaandSarawati.jpg

First Impression: A sweet card indeed! I really like the card it depicts the sweetness of new love. The colors are a bit bland, I would love to see more reds and purples in the card. Still it is a dreamy card with the lovers and the swans. I did have a little difficulty with the card but I think it's because of an issue of self acceptance i have with myself.

Description: Brahma & Saraswati wade through the misty waters beside each other. One holds a glowing rose, and the other a glowing orb. Two swans also greet each other as lovers.

Colors: Royal Blue, Bright Purple, Rose Pink, Lily Pad Green, Milk Chocolate Browns, Grey, White, & Black.

Senses: The cool waters of life lap at our robes, the mist is chill but not uncomfortable. We hear the noises of the swans as they playfully meet and mate. The world seems to be in spring and is fresh and new.

Symbols: Brahma, Saraswati, Lotus, Orb, Swans, Water, Trees, Mist, White Robe of Purity.

Story [Intuitive]: Saraswati wades through the mists and waters of life with Brahma at her side. "It is not lovely? The world that you have created with my wisdom?" Brahma sighs, "It is but not as lovely as you." Smiling the goddess nods and blushes. "You have my thanks kind sir." Brahma feels with joy seeing the great goddess accept his compliments. He wishes for nothing more to make her happy, this feeling is overwhelming and he wades closer to her and smells the sweet scent of lotus upon her skin. "If we were lovers we would be for all time," states the creator god, "we could frolic and enjoy each others company here in the world." Saraswati thinks, "Yes we could but who would be the watcher of the world? The kind god to oversee his great creation?" Brahma laughs seeing his foolishness. "Then we will make an animal that can perform this act of love for us." The God pulls from his being a clear crystal ball and starts to see the form of the purest, fairest bird appear. In the mists formed from his thought were two swans as they come and nuzzled each others neck. "Aw what beauty you have created Lord Brahma!" He grinned from his heart, "A bird almost as pure, fair and beautiful as you my dear." Saraswati meets his dark and loving eyes handing him a lotus flower she pulls from her hair. "A bird almost as kind and as strong of heart as you my lord." The two exchange a silent and powerful moment before they continue along their journey.

My Experience as the Lover: Who has not been a lover of something in their life? I do define myself as a very passionate person, one who indulges herself and follows her dreams. I have loved deeply and wholeheartedly. I have loved purity and found beauty in the flow of energy between a couple.

Astrological Reference: Zodiac - Gemini

Cultural Reference: In Hinduism Saraswati is the goddess of knowledge, music, arts, science and technology. She is the consort of Brahma, also revered as His Shakti. The name Saraswati came from "saras" (meaning "flow") and "wati" (meaning "a woman"). She is the river of consciousness that enlivens creation; she is the dawn-goddess whose rays dispel the darkness of ignorance. Without her there is only chaos and confusion. To realize her one must go beyond the pleasures of the senses and rejoice in the serenity of the spirit. Saraswati wears neither jewels or paints herself with bright colors. The white sari she adorns reflects her essential purity, her rejection of all that is base and materialistic. She transcends the cravings of the flesh and rejoices in the powers of the mind as the patron of pure wisdom. She embodies all that is pure and sublime in Nature. She is depicted as beautiful fair Goddess with four arms, wearing spotless white saree and seated on white lotus. Her mount, the swan, personifies pure knowledge and her herald, the peacock, is a symbol of the arts. [source Wikipedia and http://www.lotussculpture.com/sarasvati.htm]

Elemental Reference: Water is a very powerful element in this card.

Numerology Reference: 6 - Fulfillment, Truth, Beauty, Peace

Keywords: Love, Fulfillment, Beauty, Happiness, Passion, Creation, Partnership

Possible Meanings: Following one's heart, Finding the beauty and love for one's self, fulfilling one's purpose, finding a loving partnership, creating art or loving what one does.

Reversed: Blockages from love, Feeling like and "ugly duckling", Not letting the creative energies flow, being unsatisfied and unfulfilled, Lack of passion or devotion.

Quote: "Someday, after mastering the winds, the waves, the tides and gravity, we shall harness for God the energies of love, and then, for a second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire." ~ Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Penthasilia

Ohhhh- lovely post Ivy.

I also like how the idea of "choice" was brought into play- his choosing to remain as watcher of creation rather than remaining as her lover. This has been a classic definition for this card as well- and ties in nicely with your story.

:)

Ivy Rhiannon

Ohhhh- lovely post Ivy.

I also like how the idea of "choice" was brought into play- his choosing to remain as watcher of creation rather than remaining as her lover. This has been a classic definition for this card as well- and ties in nicely with your story.

:)

Thanks Pent! I was having trouble with this one too so that makes me feel great! :)

divinegoddess

First Impression: This card is yet another interpretation than what I have seen before. I’ll just have to see what it can tell me.

Symbols*: Hand in hand, the lovers wade through the water. A mist swirls around them while Brahma’s crystal ball illuminates the way. The trees represent the heavens, the earth, and the underworld. The tree roots penetrate the rippling waters, which contain the unconscious material of dreams. The reflections mirror emotions and the changeability of love and relationships. Saraswati holds the lotus flower, source of light and procreative powers. This is her offering to her partner. The swans symbolize Brahma and Saraswati with their noble and divine presence.

Additional: Also since the swans are present so strongly, when they find love – it’s for life. They’re very monogamous animals and they’re always there for their partners. Swans are also very territorial and when they feel threatened, they can get quite aggressive. So in a way, I feel that they’re also protecting of Brahma and Saraswati, and if anyone disturbs their happiness or “fantasy”, the swans will protect them. I get the feeling that sometimes they can be unpredictable and unstable.

Description*: Brahma was the Hindu primeval creator god. He is one of the Hindu triad, including Vishny the Preserver and Shiva the Destroyer. From Brahma, the cosmic waters stirred and a seed was planted. From this seed evolved creation.

Brahma’s consort was the goddess Saraswati. Saraswati was goddess of language, creative arts, and learning. She invented Sanskrit and generated energy with her ever-flowing waters, the river. Her intellect extends to the sciences and all manner of learning. With the goddess by his side, it was said that Saraswati was the power behind Brahma’s actions. She was his Shakti or source of energy that enabled Brahma’s energies to be put in motion. Together they ride white swans on the fertile waters of knowledge and spirituality.

Possible Meanings*: It is important to forge good relationships with people and animals. Positive exchanges will have a good karmic effect and will lead to an overall better journey. Like the energy generated between Brahma and Saraswati, it is important to be open to the symbiotic possibilities of working well with others. A relationship should include an equal exchange of ideas, inspiration, and support. An intimate relationship will be more satisfying if the energies between either partner can be nurtured and revered. One does not have to relinquish individuality or ego to grow with a partner, but one should not allow an ego to dominate the partnership either.

Senses: The heart shaped lotus leaves, the strong connection between the swans, and Brahma looking at Saraswati, I get a sense of harmony in this place. It is a very sacred and very well protected place. It seems to even be more of fantasy than reality – they have created their own serene home, where creativity and hunger for knowledge grows. You learn so many things just by coming to this place. All the elements are at present. This is a humbling and noble place to be at.

Thoughts/Points to Ponder: Is Saraswati leading Brahma, or Brahma leading Saraswati? Women weren’t in higher positions during that time, but if they would have been, would she have been at the top? Where is Brahma looking at – her or something that has caught his eye?