Celtic Cross Books

iness

Hello :)

In your opinion which is the best book ever on the celtic cross, one that is practical.

And why?

I am really interested in buying this one "The Heart of the Tarot: The Two-card Layout" it talks about only the first two cards but by the description really seams interesting and seams that you will learn a lot from it.

Thanks! :)

tarotbear

:arrow: 'Practical' - what does that mean? :!:

I'm not sure (someone will correct me, - that I'm sure of) of any one book dedicated to the layout of the CC that fills your requirements. Any decent Tarot book worth it's covers has at least one version of the CC in it. It isn't the layout/spread that makes it work - it is correctly interpreting the cards and combinations that come up while using it.

IMHO - no matter what the Querent debates you about - the First card is THE QUESTION asked. The Cross (Second) card is an INFLUENCE to that question, and the THIRD card is what can be expected when the question and the influence meet. As far as the rest of the cards in a CC - they are 'dressing' to help flesh out other things along the way. Look to the Third, Sixth, and Tenth cards as a progression of the Immediate future, the Developing future, and the Final Outcome of the question.

You can send payment to my PayPal account .... :joke:

ann823

I really like Dusty White's way of doing the celtic cross. There is a description in his book but you can listen to a free podcast on it and I believe he also has youtube demonstrations.

rwcarter

Paul Hughes-Barlow (of the SuperTarot website) is co-author of a book titled "Beyond the Celtic Cross: Secret Techniques for Taking Tarot to an Exciting New Level". I've thumbed through it but haven't read it yet.

iness

I really like Dusty White's way of doing the celtic cross. There is a description in his book but you can listen to a free podcast on it and I believe he also has youtube demonstrations.

thanks for the feedback :) I will take a look :)

iness

Paul Hughes-Barlow (of the SuperTarot website) is co-author of a book titled "Beyond the Celtic Cross: Secret Techniques for Taking Tarot to an Exciting New Level". I've thumbed through it but haven't read it yet.

thanks :) I just took a look at the first pages and index in amazon, some things look really good other a bit challenging for me at this point... I am still a beginner, maybe in a couple of yrs, step by step still (i did not even started with reversals :p)

thanks a lot... I will leave it on my wishlist... for when I am ready!

3ill.yazi

Another vote for Dusty White's no-nonsense breakdown of the CC. As I recall, Joan Bunning's book also has a good exercise on breaking the CC up into its constituent pairs.

tarotbear

My unsolicited suggestion is that since you admit you are still in the beginning stages that you learn more about the cards in general and stick to spreads with fewer cards in them - that way the 10-12 cards in most CC spreads will not be so intimidating or overpowering when you work up to that level. Roma was not built in a day ... or at night! :joke:

kell

Hello :)

In your opinion which is the best book ever on the celtic cross, one that is practical.

And why?

I am really interested in buying this one "The Heart of the Tarot: The Two-card Layout" it talks about only the first two cards but by the description really seams interesting and seams that you will learn a lot from it.

Thanks! :)

I have The Heart of the Tarot, and I have found this book really useful for help in interpreting cards in either of the first two positions.
Angelo Nasios also has a youtube bid on this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gsoa4R6OG8&list=UUd2ucko5Dt28Wg7nobTX0nQ

iness

Another vote for Dusty White's no-nonsense breakdown of the CC. As I recall, Joan Bunning's book also has a good exercise on breaking the CC up into its constituent pairs.

thanks for the tip :)