Le Tarot Noir

Dee Ell

Oh, I see, actually I wouldn't allow myself this, but I didn't realize that Philistine is rude in english (it isn't my native language).

no problem, its not really rude. Just in the bible. lol

Well it comes from the Bible (from a race of violent people) but its modern day meaning is someone who is antagonistic/ignorant regarding arts and culture, so it's used in a derogatory manner (similar to Luddite). I'm assuming Philistine chose this username to be ironic ;)

(back on topic Le Tarot Noir is lovely! I think whenever I saw the name I just thought of the other Tarot Noir))

Luna's Crone

Well it comes from the Bible (from a race of violent people) but its modern day meaning is someone who is antagonistic/ignorant regarding arts and culture, so it's used in a derogatory manner (similar to Luddite). I'm assuming Philistine chose this username to be ironic ;)

(back on topic Le Tarot Noir is lovely! I think whenever I saw the name I just thought of the other Tarot Noir))

gosh, i have been thinking the name wrong, but i think i have been writing it correctly, i hope. I transpose numbers, abbreviations, and words. It has something to do with my right ear not discerning speech correctly and inability to do math. At my age, i get funny looks, kinda like "boy is she senile" looks. Well i had 8 years of speech therapy growing up and all i got out of it was to slow down my speech so i could say :See Sally selling seashells at the seashore." And by golly, i can still say it. (i think)

delinfrey

I'm getting a little bit worried now... Ordered the Le Tarot Noir from Editions Tredaniel via PayPal and got the confirmation on the 2nd of June... Still no sight. During this time, have received numerous packages from USA, UK and Belgium.

Sigh... Was really looking forward to this one. Has anyone else ordered from that particular vendor?

gregory

Email Tredaniel and ask. (If your French isn't up to it and they can't do English - PM me....!)

delinfrey

Thanks, Gregory! I have e-mailed him... I used to live in France, it is a little bit rusty now... I hope he won't mind :) I mean, EU packages usually arrive in a couple of days so something must've happened. I will keep you posted.

delinfrey

What fabulous service! They replied, apologised profusely (there was just an error with the ordering system) and they shipped out a new one that arrived in a whopping 3 days! Couldn't be happier!

The package is wonderul - I highly recommend the deck.

I will start to translate the book now (rough translation), if anyone is interested, I would be happy to share the translation (but only if you own the French version, I'm not sure about the copyright).

Philistine

Translations

delinfrey, if you'd like I don't mind contributing a few "translations". Notice the quote marks, ha! (My only practical use of French is Edith Piaf songs at karaoke bars and four-letter-words in traffic.) I do think a thread of the translations could be effective in some way.

I love this deck--it's on my coffee table right now with a Meneghello transformation deck on top for weight. The book seems a lovely thing, like a trinket box: filled with novel and useless things but pretty and fascinating and somehow valuable.

Luna's Crone

I did a reading with it and it came out well. I am just glad i looked up TdM before using it. It helped me with the pips wands and swords.

starlightexp

And I was just thinking of getting rid of this deck

Luna's Crone

really. Why? just curious. I may never use it, but its a lovely deck.