Le Tarot Noir

MissChiff

What fabulous service! They replied, apologised profusely (there was just an error with the ordering system) and they shipped out a new one that arrived in a whopping 3 days! Couldn't be happier!

The package is wonderul - I highly recommend the deck.

I will start to translate the book now (rough translation), if anyone is interested, I would be happy to share the translation (but only if you own the French version, I'm not sure about the copyright).

I would love the translation! I've had the deck a couple of years....just stare longingly at the book...

starlightexp

really. Why? just curious. I may never use it, but its a lovely deck.

That very reason. It's quite lovely but as my husband and I transition to live in a tiny house soon I'm slowly paring down the collection to just the ones I use. It really is a lovely deck

Luna's Crone

That very reason. It's quite lovely but as my husband and I transition to live in a tiny house soon I'm slowly paring down the collection to just the ones I use. It really is a lovely deck

I am probably gonna pair down in sept. There are decks i will never use and don't really need to collect. soooooooo. don't blame ya. But the CBD deck app is great. its boo is full of info on each card. (i thing the letters is cbd, its a TdM)

starlightexp

I am probably gonna pair down in sept. There are decks i will never use and don't really need to collect. soooooooo. don't blame ya. But the CBD deck app is great. its boo is full of info on each card. (i thing the letters is cbd, its a TdM)

oh I adore my CDB. That deck is staying :)

WandS

I noticed the Disks thing too on Amazon, good price though if it's the cards.

Can't make my mind up on this one. I don't own a Marseille style deck and this one appeals. I'm just not sure if it's going to give of a dour vibe. The artwork looks gorgeous, but is it going to be a deck that just glares at me mutely?? :)

Arimaya

I really enjoy this deck, even if I do have to fan it due to size. I was disappointed in the book since the binding came apart almost immediately. I keep meaning to take it to staples or some such to get a spiral bond. Having a translation would be awesome! The only person I know who treads French would probably have an apoplexy if I showed them tarot stuff

WandS

Tarot Noir

Received them in the post today. Oh my goodness what a lovely deck! I'd been hesitant to order as the images came across as being quite dour even grumpy. But you know I find them cute, even funny, they make me laugh in a sweet way. Has anyone else felt like this??

I'm so glad I've got it, they've been shouting at me to buy them for so long. By the way those who mentioned the disc thing on Amazon UK, don't know what that's about, but you do get the cards when you order. I can only think they're referring to the images!!??.

All I have to do now is try and get used to marseille style cards, I'm more a RW, reader. Excited to learn though? Can anyone recommend a good book to learn with??

Anyway super pleased with these.

JylliM

I highly recommend Camelia Elias' Marseille Tarot: Toward the Art of Reading.

delinfrey

I have still not had the time to sit down and write up the English translation.

But to those who wonder about the book - please bear in mind that the book does not offer any divination meanings or reading tips.

The book explains the medieval symbols on the cards, and only for the Major Arcana at that. I would also recommend using any suitable Marseilles tarot book for reading with this deck.

As for its vibe - I was also surprised at how tongue-in-cheek it was. When I ordered, I thought it to be grand, huge, mystical, grimoire-y pack of goodness, if a little intimidating. However, as you open the box, you immediately replace that grandeur with something a little bit more trickstery, and I love it. It is not taking itself overly seriously, which makes it a blast to work with.