Ceccoli Tarot..need opinions and help !

rylla

I have this deck and treasure it and I'm happy that I bought it even if for me isn't a deck to use on everyday basis. It wouldn't work for mundane question as 'When should I go to the market?' :) (kidding). For me it works beautifully if I use it for certain (personal, spiritual) questions. The 'secret' of this deck working or not for reading is in what type of reading I use it for.

Cocobird55

My deck came yesterday. As i looked through the cards for the first time, i got clear pictures of what a lot of the images meant to me. i'm sure i will enjoy using it.

EmpyreanKnight

Man, I am being enabled on this deck. I like it a lot. Too bad, I do not feel I am sufficiently intuitive yet to be able to handle this Tarot.

Is it true that it's Thoth-based? If it is, in what sense?

Le Fanu

There's a thread here about it being Thoth-based but I personally do not agree with the premises. It is - in my opinion - simply itself. Vaguely RWS if you want it to be (this I can see) , Thoth if you want it to be (which I can't) but for me it is entirely Ceccoli. It'd be a shame to get tied up I trying to see Thothness in it. For Thothness I go to the Thoth.

illyria

Some have likened this deck to an oracle, but it's not even entirely oracle, is it? (That was rhetorical, ha.) I do know it's not entirely tarot, which just expands the interpretative universe in which this little gem can be read.

Achlys

Personally I've had no issues reading with this deck as a RWS deck. I've found the meanings to be very similar, just expressed in different ways. While I read it intuitively, I don't read with it so much in an Oracle style.

Edit: Now that I'm off mobile I can provide some better advice.
I usually look at the colors of the cards as well as the smaller details to grasp the meanings. It's looking for the symbols that speak out to you for each card. That's really the best way to read it. But again, while it doesn't have the usual symbolism, it's great for using RWS meanings.

EmpyreanKnight

There's a thread here about it being Thoth-based but I personally do not agree with the premises. It is - in my opinion - simply itself. Vaguely RWS if you want it to be (this I can see) , Thoth if you want it to be (which I can't) but for me it is entirely Ceccoli. It'd be a shame to get tied up I trying to see Thothness in it. For Thothness I go to the Thoth.

Thanks for that Le Fanu. I'm gonna look for that thread. :)

Lilyfae

I have this deck too and have not used it much but I think I will have to use it more intuitively as well. Trying to overthink this deck to connect it to all the traditional meanings is kind of pointless to me. Does anyone know if the oracle coming out has the same images? I hope they are different ones because I want to get it too.

G6

I have this deck too and have not used it much but I think I will have to use it more intuitively as well. Trying to overthink this deck to connect it to all the traditional meanings is kind of pointless to me. Does anyone know if the oracle coming out has the same images? I hope they are different ones because I want to get it too.

It's on Amazon pre-order for like $12. I don't suppose they would repeat images.

I want to know card size.

LauraKai

This deck is quickly becoming one of my favourites! I loved the artwork, but wasn't sure how I would feel about reading with it initially. I find it a really enjoyable and intriguing deck to use. Like others here, I read intuitively with it, but it always amuses and surprises me to notice how the RWS meanings come to light in the images. For me, it's a deck I really like using for questions where I'm looking for personal insight.