Legends Tarot (Anne Stokes) - anyone?

Hemera

I purchased the Legends Tarot by Anne Stokes about a month ago. I initially only wanted to have those beautiful wolf cards (the Cups are all wolves).
I didn' t have any expectations regarding this deck since I did not like her previous deck (Anne Stokes Gothic Tarot) that much. It felt a bit cold and distant somehow.

But this little Legends Tarot deck is proving to be a real gem. Such lovely satin cards with beautiful pictures and nice card backs -and it reads like a dream! (Even with non-scenic pips that I usually avoid the best I can!)

The card pictures are works of art by Anne Stokes and they were never painted to be tarot cards so I thought they probably do not work very well as tarot. But they sure do especially if you read them intuitively. Some cards seem a bit off at first, like for example the Chariot that looks more like a Hermit. But when you study the card a bit more you find that the snowy owl is actually quite a good animal for a charioteer.

Is there someone else out there using this deck, too? What do you think about this deck?

imno007

I have to admit that this is one of those decks that leave me cold. As far as I'm concerned, it's pretty much just random paintings with Tarot names and some symbols ascribed to them. For me personally, I think it would take a lot of imagination on my part to twist these cards into any semblance of meaning that I would expect to find in a good deck.

But if you respond to them on an intuitive level and they resonate with you, then great. Whatever works for you is what's right for you. There's a lot of other decks I like even less that other people think are fantastic, so what do I know. To each his own. :)