Tarot Deck Creation Study Group

Hush

more of my cards..heh..

i just finished this - oz as the hermit. i made the miage darker and turned up the contrast, and i think i got a pretty good look but im not sure about the font.

there are some areas of real dark colours and others that are very light and they all seem to be next to each other that leaves me with the problem of writing. hmm. any thoughts or ideas, on the card or the writing in general?

Attachments

• hermit.gif
    hermit.gif
    47.4 KB · Views: 113

Melvis

Right now I'm trying to figure out the imaging program that's on my computer. Don't have anything like Paint Shop Pro but I think I can do what I want with what I've got.
I believe you can download a 30-day trial of Paint Shop Pro at Jasc's website. You can take a good look at it for a free month. It's what I use, too.

I've attached one of my cards...I only have a few of them completely done, but I have good starts on at least six more. I just love it when a card 'comes together' and I get another one finished, though.

Peace,

Melvis

Attachments

• mwhermit.jpg
    mwhermit.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 114

Hush

:) thats really cool melvis...love the images you've used...i like the writings up the side too. overall a great card :) i'd love to see some more!

kayne

Bluemoon: I use geocities for free web space... it is really easy to use and if you want you can 'build' your site on 'pagebuilder'. It is really easy :) All you need is a yahoo email address which is also free.

Major Tom

A Harry Potter Tarot is a good idea for a deck to design for publication, as would be Rocky Horror, Dark Shadows, Buffy, or any other theme from TV or Film. All of these ideas have copyright issues associated so the first step needs to be a business proposal for the copyright holders - they absolutely have to be involved - they do own the images. A good proposal could result in the producers providing money up front. :) The first step for a proposal is to map the deck out...

*sigh*

Dare I suggest we pick one theme and do it collaboratively - a project to help fund this community? })

Melvis - Love your hermit card. :D I just wondered if you could turn up the brightness in the figure in the foreground - he's difficult to make out?

Hush - No Really! I really do like your idea of a Buffy Tarot. :) And I like the look of your card. I just don't get how Oz is the Hermit. Have you thought about adding symbols - maybe something like a hebrew letter?

Blumoon - Thank you so very much!

Kiama

Hush: A Buffy Tarot is a really good idea (Esp. when you've got Oz in it looking so goddamn sexy!)

Melvis: I LOVE YOUR CARD! WOWOWOWO! That really is a cool Hermit card.

Kiama

Hush

major tom...i had oz as the hermit because, well, i was meditating on the cards and who suited what and I'd been thinking about where to use oz and i just thought the hermit and i couldnt think why not. he was calling to be the hermit...he's quiet but strong, and often kind of..in the group but not. also, he's always putting in the little one liners and quips. i just think he really suited it, i couldnt think of anyone else in that place.

kiama: isnt he gorgeous? lol...i have some pics of willow where she looks VERY hot that im using/gonna use, but the oz/xander pic on the lovers 7 (i think) is heavenly *L*

on the matter of publication...i really had no intention of anything that big. at most i'd print it out stick it on card and just use it for my own use. i doubt they'd want a deck made by some nobodies, they'd probably steal the idea and get some professional-type people to do it and screw it up. or something, heh.

anyways, i made this card in the ams last night...its got some work to do, but i had an inspiration so i threw it all together. heh.

i wanted to do a card to do with dreams..whether the person takes it as they're dreaming..aiming to high, something like that, or that they should pay more attentions to their dreams, i dont know. i really want to leave the deck open to interpretation...

Attachments

• dreaming.gif
    dreaming.gif
    36.6 KB · Views: 108

Morgeinne

Good idea with publication but...I just really want to do these for myself. I probably won't try to get them published...but in case I do, thanks for the tips :) (Somehow I think Hermione/Severus wouldn't go over very well...)

Hush, thanks for your offer for help! I love all feedback and if you have any extra tips, please let me know :)! I love your cards, I don't watch Buffy but the cards themselves look really great :)

Here's another of mine...The Lovers...Sev and 'Mione...

Attachments

• thelovers.jpg
    thelovers.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 104

Major Tom

Hush - I like your Dreaming card. :) Reminds me a bit of the 7 of cups.

Hush & Morgeinne,

Glad to hear you both want to make a personal decks. Don't you find trying to stick to a single theme a bit restricting? There must be lots of images that appeal to you at different levels... You could mix and match. })

Morgeinne - I like your Lovers card. :)