Before They Sleep (Pet Spread)

MissJo

This is for those who must put their pets down.

1) The pet:
2) The owner:
3) Their relationship:

4) How the pet feels about the life they lived:
5) How the pet feels about their owner:
6) How the pet feels about other pets/people:

7) What is the most important thing the pet wants their owner to know before they sleep forever:
8) What is the most important thing fate wants the owner to know before their pet sleeps forever:
9) Advice on staying strong:

hopena

Oh, I wondered if it was that type of spread. :heart:
I hope that I won't have a need for this, for a while yet.

MissJo

I hope you don't either, that is, hands down, the hardest decision any pet owner can make. I kind of made this spread to help the owners with that decision.

I tried it out yesterday... an hour before I had to put my rat to sleep. Everything considered, I was pleased with the results. It did it's job and helped me cope with the loss.

lark

What about if it is a sudden decision you have to make and don't know before hand?

MissJo

Hm...
The only issue I can really see it arising is in7 and 8... I think at least.

I'd replace "before they sleep forever" with "before they move on" in such a case... but maybe I'll make a spread having to do with that situation.

I can't now, out the door.

MissJo

Alright!

The late pet:
The owner:
The relationship they shared:

How the pet felt about their life before they died:
How the pet felt about their owner before they died:
How the pet felt about other pets/people before they died:

The most important thing the pet wanted their owner to know before they died:
The most important thing Fate wants the owner to know about their pet's death:
Advice on staying strong:

It's pretty much the same thing, I just changed some things around.

Golden Moon

No offense, but this is a depressing spread:(. But very creative as well as blunt and upfront non the less.

lark

MissJo said:
Alright!

The late pet:
The owner:
The relationship they shared:

How the pet felt about their life before they died:
How the pet felt about their owner before they died:
How the pet felt about other pets/people before they died:

The most important thing the pet wanted their owner to know before they died:
The most important thing Fate wants the owner to know about their pet's death:
Advice on staying strong:

It's pretty much the same thing, I just changed some things around.
Thank you..I need this, and I don't have the energy or the willpower right now to try and think it up for myself...so thank you.

MissJo

Golden Moon: Depressing subject. I made it because I was faced with the decision and when I did this spread it actually produced pretty positive results, despite the depressing subject matter. I handled her death A LOT better than I thought I was, and I think a lot of it has to do with this spread!

Lark: *hugs super tight* I hope it helps you the way it helped me. I'm sincerely sorry for your loss and I wish you the best.

Golden Moon

MissJo said:
Golden Moon: Depressing subject. I made it because I was faced with the decision and when I did this spread it actually produced pretty positive results, despite the depressing subject matter. I handled her death A LOT better than I thought I was, and I think a lot of it has to do with this spread!

What I mean by depressing was when you don't want to think about it because it brings you down. My opinion was not to aggravate you. But a year ago my Father lost his beloved pet from natural causes which hit him and I very pretty hard. Due to the fact that I grew very attach to her, I still could not get over her death. Reading this spread made me think about my Fathers pet which I still have not gotten over her death.