C'est La Vie Lenormand

Lee

I've posted a few times before about how I'm rather fond of the Alternate Realities Lenormand by Jeri Totten.

My good friend greatdane just alerted me to a new deck by Jeri, the C'est La Vie Lenormand. I took one look and ordered it immediately. The dark gray backgrounds (greatdane's sharp eyes noticed that it's actually a chalkboard) and the strong, easily-discernible images make this one a winner in my book.

For those who didn't like the card titles on the Alternate Realities, they're still there on the C'est La Vie, but smaller and less obtrusive. And unlike the Alternate Realities, it looks like the C'est La Vie has no astrological symbols and has no option for keywords. (I prefer decks without those things anyway.)

She has some other decks you can see on her site as well, but these are the two that I really like.

Thanks to greatdane for enabling me today! :)

greatdane

It was MY pleasure, Lee! :)

It is interesting how we all discover decks here.

MoonGypsy had the Alternate Realities in Trades and I wasn't interested in the past because of the keywords I saw on the youtube video. MG had this deck WITHOUT the keywords so I jumped on it.

Then I went to Jeri Totten's site and beheld....The C'est La Vie. It was like it was made for me. Right down to the lilies of the valley (a fav) on the Heart card. LOVE LOVE LOVE the look of this deck.

So, MoonGypsy enabled me with her Alternate Realities deck in Trades (THANKS MG!) and then I had the pleasure of enabling Lee with the C'est La Vie after visiting Jeri's site.

And that's how things roll here in AT :). Can't wait til we both have the C'est La Vie, Lee!

MoonGypsy

Regarding the keywords on the Alternative Realities Lenormand, Lee--

You have a choice--with or without key words. :)

ETA: :laugh: my post is a little redundant:p GD and i were posting at the same time. :D

Lee

Yup, I knew about the option for keywords on the Alternate Realities. Back when I got that deck, I ordered it without -- I actually have a few keyword decks, and I like them, but ultimately want to be able to choose meanings for myself, and be able to change them if necessary. Right now I'm completely immersed in Rana George's book so I'm using her meanings exclusively.

Maybe someday they will invent technology to allow us to put keywords on physical cards - and be able to change them!

But really, I do think Lenormand cards are better without keywords. I do like having titles, though, which is not unheard of in older decks, the Daveluy deck has titles (in French of course). It's not that I have to have titles -- but I like having some decks with titles and some without. We all have our preferences and idiosyncracies, LOL.

greatdane

And thank goodness, Lee....

There are decks that cater to all our idiosyncrasies and preferences :).

I know I am a most particular Crone (which sounds better than picky). I want what I want and there are so many great decks to chose from.

But the C'est La Vie. This is one that will be one of my most special, I can tell :).

reall

omg! The Harlequin Lenormand and Alternate Realities Lenormand are my ultimate faw lenormand design!^^ lolz :)))))))))

greatdane

There's a CASE for the C'est La Vie!

I don't know if it's up yet under bags, but if you click on the C'est La Vie Lenormand on Jeri Totten's site, you see the custom bag under it! ORDERED!

crystaleagle

C'est La Vie looks very good. Nice, simple images that seem to pop. I will definitely put this on my "want" list! Thanks GD for finding this one!

greatdane

My pleasure, Crystaleagle!

I can't even describe how much I love the look of this deck. And the case that matches...just the cherry on top of the sundae! :) They should start being sent early March and I am counting the days.

crystaleagle

And they are very affordable! This moves them to the top of my want list!