The FOX

ana luisa

I almost places this on Chat but wanted to share with Lenormand readers as I could never see the Fox with such bad eyes as it is portrayed in many books. It is just a wild animal who strives to survive and may have to resort to stealth for it. It can be loving and thankful. I guess I may read it sometimes as someone who is misunderstood/not accepted by society ;) Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EoO7VpZGONA

LittleOne

I like the idea of misunderstood/not accepted by society.

I struggle the same with snakes - I come from a country full of snakes and used to see them everyday as part of my job.

I guess we have to move past the actual and just stick to seeing them as a symbols.

ana luisa

I guess we have to move past the actual and just stick to seeing them as a symbols.

You mean, I should see Foxes as BAD and you should see SNAKES as evil regardless of our life experiences ? I wonder about people who are terrified of dogs (I've known 2 like that). Would they use the dog as a loyal friend as well ? I find this quite hard... Reading is such a personal thing; so much so that with the same combo you can have many different interpretations...
I'm not trying to convert anybody. I just thought the video was sweet and could add a loving streak on the "villainized" animal.

LittleOne

You mean, I should see Foxes as BAD and you should see SNAKES as evil regardless of our life experiences ? I wonder about people who are terrified of dogs (I've known 2 like that). Would they use the dog as a loyal friend as well ? I find this quite hard... Reading is such a personal thing; so much so that with the same combo you can have many different interpretations...
I'm not trying to convert anybody. I just thought the video was sweet and could add a loving streak on the "villainized" animal.

Gosh no, I just mean when reading the cards see them as symbols.

Out in the real world think of them how you normally would. I will always like foxes and snakes. I was going to mention dogs - I had one that wasn't loyal, she would always run away because that is how she was. I also don't like recieving flowers as a gift. However I will still use dog as loyal, and flowers as gift.

I guess when I read the tarot I interpret more according to my experiences and use interpretation a lot. I like to think of the lenormand as less interpretive which has been the appeal for me recently.

However, with all that said. Yes, it is personal and if it works for you that way then don't change.

I have said to my lenormand cards that I want them straightforward (my tarot cards know they are for more looser thinking and interpretation).

The video was very sweet!

Padma

I really cannot make myself like the Fox card itself. Or even foxes in real life. I know they are just animals trying to survive, but we have them around here, there is one that lives right across the street from me, and their screams make me shudder - sounds like they are being murdered in cold blood, frankly!

Ironically, the one across the street lives in the yard of a very Fox-like person! Completley sly and untrustworthy.

I also believe there should be a Coyote card - to represent the bad friend. That is another animal that gives me the heaves. I don't think Fox card suits for that. False person, yes, but probably not your friend, just some acquaintance who brushes past you in life.

The Snake though I cannot see necessarily as a bad person, because even though I dislike Snakes immensely, it usually comes up for me to describe a very white looking woman, usually wears glasses.

Ana, sorry, I just can't do it, no matter how cute they are, I think of foxes as vermin and pests! They also kill all the neighborhood cats :p hard to love!

ana luisa

Ana, sorry, I just can't do it, no matter how cute they are, I think of foxes as vermin and pests! They also kill all the neighborhood cats :p hard to love!

That's ok, Padma :) As I said before, I am not here trying to convert anybody. In fact, I hate snakes but see in them as something highly sexual so that's what I assign to my Lenormand readings. I guess what I'm trying to say is that regardless of what is sacramented in the book, we will often bring our own personal gut reaction to the card. Unless you consciously do like LittleOne who does stick to the symbolic meaning in all cases.

danieljuk

I love that Ana :)

I always try to look at the good side of everything or find an alternative view and I think the Fox is great in some situations, like in business. Foxes are amazing at staying alive and getting food and keeping safe! They are ultimately survivalists, they are shrewd and clever. They survive but don't judge their methods of surviving ;)

That saying it is a card so untrustworthy in love and friendship readings.

Sharla

I personally don't like foxes myself, they don't seem very friendly and i wouldn't dare approach one.

I know when they're out and about at night that they are just hunting for food for their family in any way they can but i think its just the way they "sneak" around and stuff that makes me a little wary of them.

Fox card to me to represent a person means someone who is just thinking of themselves and putting their own needs first, just like to me foxes do. Also someone who is sly and manipulative but clever with it.

As a job i would say someone who resorts to illegal activities to get ahead. Or on a more positive note its just a job you have to do to pay the bills.

Or if representing yourself could be your being cautious, hesitant, testing the waters, making a wrong choice etc.

monisina

I almost places this on Chat but wanted to share with Lenormand readers as I could never see the Fox with such bad eyes as it is portrayed in many books. It is just a wild animal who strives to survive and may have to resort to stealth for it. It can be loving and thankful. I guess I may read it sometimes as someone who is misunderstood/not accepted by society ;) Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EoO7VpZGONA

I have experiences, when I got this card, it means:
I am wrongly interpreting the situation/facts/person behaviour or attitude to me. The reason for my mistake was that I had got only small amount of informations or I was aware about things behind the scene. Or the the person whom I mistake is false and pretended something before me.

strangebrew

I find it interesting when one of my exes comes to mind sometimes, seconds later, a fox will run out in front of my car!

My ex was sneaky, very closed and suspicious of most people. He also lived a lie to his family. I also find it very difficult to see the fox in a positive light, although i think they are beautiful creatures.. when i see one come out in a reading, i am wary

:)