Quick question

Sharla

When I do a GT I use a 9 x 4 as I prefer the even look.

I know in a 8 x 4 x 4 the fate line is the bottom row.

So in a 9 x 4 is there a fate line or not ? I think I've read somewhere once that it's supposed to be the middle column.

Is this correct ?

MaryHeather

There is no "fate line" per se in the Grand Tableau of Nines. However, Caitlin Matthews talks about column 5 being the "spine" of the tableau. The cards in the houses of Tree, Fox, Mice, and Moon are read as the "spine" that holds up the rest of the reading.

Sharla

There is no "fate line" per se in the Grand Tableau of Nines. However, Caitlin Matthews talks about column 5 being the "spine" of the tableau. The cards in the houses of Tree, Fox, Mice, and Moon are read as the "spine" that holds up the rest of the reading.

Okay thanks for this so spine being the back bone, so could you say this is the core of the tableau and the rest just branches off it ? The meaty part say ..... So I would say then the spine in a GT 9x4 is quite important to read.

Village Witch

Okay thanks for this so spine being the back bone, so could you say this is the core of the tableau and the rest just branches off it ? The meaty part say ..... So I would say then the spine in a GT 9x4 is quite important to read.

That's exactly how I read the core of the 9x4. It's the meat, as you say. :)

Just my two pentacles.