Is this possible ? I'll try and explain the best way i can.

Sharla

When you do a GT you shuffle the cards stop shuffling and then obviously place the cards down in the order that they've been shuffled. Which leaves you with a full 36 deck of cards in front of you telling you a story (or trying to lol).

So my point is, when your not doing a GT and using all the cards and you shuffle thinking of the question and then stop shuffling and pick how many cards your using and then this is your reading, and some people turn the deck over to see what the base card is to take this into account also.

So with the rest of the cards that are left over is it possible that in the order they have been shuffled, could they then form a story relating to the question that's been asked ? For example you've got your 3 cards on the table you've looked at the base card and then what about the card before base card and the card before that etc....could these come into play too ?

Say man's base card and the querent is asking about her partner, so okay we now know her partners a Male then the card before man is scythe, so an aggressive man......etc etc

Padma

Sharla, I usually cut my deck into three after shuffling, and then place those three packs back together differently, so I would not get the result of which you speak - but, what you are saying reminds me a great deal of how Sylvie Steinbach reads the Lennies. You may want to check out her methods (she has a book out).

What she does, is charge one card in the deck with the question or the person involved in it, then she shuffles, then she looks through the deck until she finds the charged card, and she reads the few before, and a few after (if I recall!) in order to get her answers. Something along that line, anyways!

you could try watching some of her webinars, maybe...?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmhMhSpUb1A

I think she may be linked with "Under the Cowrie Moon" sites, as well as having her own.

Sharla

Sharla, I usually cut my deck into three after shuffling, and then place those three packs back together differently, so I would not get the result of which you speak - but, what you are saying reminds me a great deal of how Sylvie Steinbach reads the Lennies. You may want to check out her methods (she has a book out).
Yes ive got this book your speaking of on kindle (well i did until the other day lol, my sons deleted the app to to make room to download MORE games and now all the books i had on there are gone :(
What she does, is charge one card in the deck with the question or the person involved in it, then she shuffles, then she looks through the deck until she finds the charged card, and she reads the few before, and a few after (if I recall!) in order to get her answers. Something along that line, anyways!
I have read this what she does yes it is how you say but i meant without charging a card and to just see what other cards are behind the base card and if they would make sense to be part of the reading. I suppose this is something i could experiment with to see if it woks or not.
you could try watching some of her webinars, maybe...?
To be brutally honest, i have gone off her :( i dont really want to publicize why on a public forum, so this has made me feel put off watching anything she has done. Infact ive probably watched and seen everything shes done anyway,(this was before ive felt the way i do), thanks for the link anyway. I wish Andyb's site was still active, i would have been interested to look on there but never got the chance to.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmhMhSpUb1A

I think she may be linked with "Under the Cowrie Moon" sites, as well as having her own.

mysticsphere

@sharla, Andy's website is still around, he is posting a lenormand 101 series atm, and will soon re-release his book with brand new material. Tons of info on his blog atm.

http://boroveshengra.com/blog/

Padma

Ok! I understand :) Sorry I couldn't help more! I sent you a PM with further links!
(didn't feel as though I should post links here - feels like breaking rules).

Teheuti

I sometimes do quick readings using the GT. To do this:

• Ask a very specific question.
• Determine a Topic card for the question.
• Shuffle and quickly layout a GT.
• Find the topic card and read the cards immediately around it. This could be 2 cards before and 2 after, or the line or column it is in, or the Square of 9, or simply the before, after, above & below cards. Experience will teach you what works best.

Optional:
• Also look at the client's Significator card and what's immediately around it (before, after, above & below).
• Check the relationship between the Significator and your Topic card: any linking cards, etc.

The nice thing about this method is that you can use Near and Far meanings and can often determine a relationship between the topic and the client.

Sharla

Thankyou Teheuti

I have used this technique a couple of times just for quick questions so as not to read the whole tableau. Thankyou for reminding me though as ive not done one for a while.

Sharla

I don't think any of you who have replied have understood what im going on about lol, apart from maybe you Padma, but i don't think even you've understood me fully.
Ive totally not explained myself properly in what i mean. Im going to try again......

The cards that you have left over after picking the ones you want for whatever reading you are doing, well is it possible for the rest of the cards to have shuffled in a certain way that they have formed a story because when you shuffle for a GT that's what happens, so even though your only picking certain cards out could the rest of the cards that are left over keeping in the order they've been shuffled be any significance to the query ?

Example: Base card is house, so okay this reading is something to do with the querents home, the card after is whip so could be abuse in the home, next card is tower, so could be abuse in the home where they are isolated and alone etc ....

And the Querents query would have been do i see any improvements in the home and i got stars + stork + coffin where i would have said your hopes for improvements in the home are not happening for now.

But then the other cards i've mentioned above that i've looked at explain what all this is about.

Do you understand me now ?

Teheuti

The cards that you have left over after picking the ones you want for whatever reading you are doing, well is it possible for the rest of the cards to have shuffled in a certain way that they have formed a story because when you shuffle for a GT that's what happens, so even though your only picking certain cards out could the rest of the cards that are left over keeping in the order they've been shuffled be any significance to the query ?
Thank you for reminding me because I had wanted to make that point when I described using the GT by only focusing on the cards around the Topic. I really like this method because I can see the larger story if I so choose or I can simply focus on a few cards. Personally I believe that the entire deck tells the story. It's just that sometimes we want a more limited focus, which is what a small spread allows. So, yes, other, unused cards can reveal more information but we don't always recognize the role they play in relation to the query.

I discovered this when I was doing a lot of 78-card Tarot readings. It became clear that a certain theme was being expressed over-and-over again. So, a short spread is merely a cross-section of the whole.