Freedom for Noblet!

Wendywu

I went one card at a time but I have tendonitis in my right wrist so trying more than that hurt. When my husband helps out he puts more cards in but (from experiments with plain card just to test) we found that too many leads to "munched" edges on the card at the bottom of the little stack. I believe he goes for a maximum of three.

Irischacha

I went one card at a time but I have tendonitis in my right wrist so trying more than that hurt. When my husband helps out he puts more cards in but (from experiments with plain card just to test) we found that too many leads to "munched" edges on the card at the bottom of the little stack. I believe he goes for a maximum of three.

Thank you! Was it worth it with this deck? I've never altered a deck before, but the pictures look great. A lot of effort though...I suspect I will go one at a time to be sure I don't mess up.

shaveling

I've done a couple of decks. Even with a full 78 card deck, one at a time doesn't take too long. And if I ever did the Noblet, I'd definitely go with one at a time. Good luck!

Irischacha

I've done a couple of decks. Even with a full 78 card deck, one at a time doesn't take too long. And if I ever did the Noblet, I'd definitely go with one at a time. Good luck!

That's good to know, thanks!

Wendywu

It was totally worth it!! This is my "go to" reading deck and it is just lovely with the trimmed corners :)

Irischacha

It was totally worth it!! This is my "go to" reading deck and it is just lovely with the trimmed corners :)

Oh, excellent! I am about to start the exercises in jmd's book and wanted to use this deck. I've been using the Dodal for EE's exercises and love it, but it's so large and I'd like to be fluent in both decks so...

Guess I'll be rounding next week! Many thanks.

Rose Lalonde

I used a three size corner cutter that I got on Amazon for about $15. It's called the "Sun-Star Kadomaru pro corner cutter".

I'm part way through the Noblet using the same 3mm corner rounder, and I already love the way I can get my hands all over these cards now without sharp pokes. And the change in appearance is minimal (and to me, even preferable).

Thanks for your post & photos! They helped me choose a corner rounder and gave me encouragement to go for it. (Plus it didn't hurt to see Florney's note that he'd planned 3mm corners anyway, but the printer couldn't accommodate.)

EDIT: Surprisingly, it took me about 10 seconds per card, so under 15 minutes for the entire deck, rounding 1 at a time. Nothing snagged or came out unevenly. They look like BSwett's pics, but here's a different angle.

attachment.php

Attachments

• noblet_rounded_edge.jpg
    noblet_rounded_edge.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 314

danielnogo

I need to get a more heavy duty corner cutter like that! I got mine at michaels for about 30 bucks and its nice because it has two sizes, but it cant cut through lamination very well, so I always have to take scissors to the corner and touch it up. It works better than free hand though.

swedishfish612

I did my Noblet deck tonight as well! I used the same corner rounder that BSwett mentioned. I'm not nearly as swift as Rose Lalonde, though...it took me a full 45 minutes, doing one card at a time. But then I was also watching Tarology at the same time, in my defense! My cards turned out absolutely perfect. My husband said they look and feel as if I bought them that way.