New to this group...

Tarot Orat

Oh yes, this is so true! Im thinking.. just how well would I get to know my deck if I would have the time and energy to walk these 21 steps with each one of the cards.

I've been thinking the same thing!!! I think it wouldn't quite fit in the time period of the 78 Weeks project, because it would almost certainly take more than one week per card even after we've gotten familiar with the steps...but I am tempted. Maybe I will do it with the Major Arcana, at least.

2dogs

Hello, another new joiner here. :)

I've put my other decks to one side and am sticking to the Mystic Dreamer Tarot in the hope of getting thoroughly familiar and competent with it. As well as practicing with the monthly reading exchanges this study group looks like a great way to learn. I've just bought the Kindle book and the threads on here will be very useful to stimulate ideas by seeing the sorts of things other people have found with their cards.

The Happy Squirrel

Hello Hello I am new to the forum and am wondering how do I join in this study group? Do I simply carry on the first step thread? Is this even the right thread for intro and asking newbie questions? :) Thanks in advance for your help :)

Onion Budgie

Hello Hello I am new to the forum and am wondering how do I join in this study group? Do I simply carry on the first step thread? Is this even the right thread for intro and asking newbie questions? :) Thanks in advance for your help :)

From reading the guidelines, it looks as if you just jump straight in and post at the Step One thread.

I really like the idea of this too. I think I'll start later on today. Maybe "see you there"! :D

coyoteblack

You just jump in and post as you want. The only thing to know, if you make a new thread regarding this inform a moderator so they can link it

Onion Budgie

Well, I've completed four exercises so far. I'm still waiting for my book to be despatched, though, so there's going to be a bit of a gap until I can continue. I'm really enjoying the study!

coyoteblack

It is fun and challenging. I enjoy the many methods of viewing the card. I became worn down doing the advanced for each section. But it did help me to view decks a little different

fractalgranny

i'm still working my way through this book. haven't posted all of the exercises. am on chapter 6 for the adept version. maybe i should post again - you new guys inspire me! to me, this book is an invaluable treasure.

avalele

21 steps

this is going to be work for some years xaxa. interesting group. i don´t know the book. gonna give it a try, it seems reasonable