tarot card stands for altars or desks

Le Fanu

I remember a few years ago, shopping at Tarot Chest and seeing wooden two and three-card tarot stands for altars and limited reading spaces. I found a photo with one of the three-card ones on Oakmist Grove's blog, which I have attached below.

I have been unable to find these anywhere. Does anyone have any preferably Europe/UK suppliers or leads?

Or does anyone have any practical ideas/solutions, ways of displaying cards upright in a limited space, like a desk or altar? Not just one card but ideally three. I'm kicking myself for not buying these card displayers when they were in stock. Now I can't find any anywhere. I want to avoid ordering from the U.S because of the risk of custom charges on such a small item

Attachments

• Altar, Brigid Brat Bride cloak .Imbolc  Gaian Tarot, The Empress, The Teacher. Seven of Earth.jpg
    Altar, Brigid Brat Bride cloak .Imbolc Gaian Tarot, The Empress, The Teacher. Seven of Earth.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 1,020

Disa

Morwenna

The wooden slotted ones remind me of something my father made for me when I was a child: paper doll stands. They were the same principle as these: little 3-inch sections of planking, rounded into ovals, with slits gouged lengthwise. If you or any of your friends are handy with small carpentry, that may be the way to go, and you can decorate them or not as suits you.

I believe I still have them somewhere (I have my old childhood chest of drawers with all sorts of mementos in it); maybe I should find them and put them to this purpose myself... :)

Le Fanu

Thanks for the replies. Another idea I had was looking on the flea market for those old-fashioned photo frames, where you would put a photo between two small panes of glass and slot it into a wooden-based frame, but I haven't found any that are of a size three-cards long. I thought that the frame minus the glass might serve as a stand for cards but they are never quite long enough.

I have thought of those wire things from Office suppliers for memos, but don't really like them. :(

Would cards really stand up in a scrabble base?

I can't believe the person who created those tarot stands just stopped manufacturing them.

I did have a wooden base from a desk calendar which looked like it would serve the purpose, but - again - it only holds one card and anyway, the card leans too far back, isn't upright enough...

I've checked etsy and tried every feasible combination of search keyword and haven't found any - except for a playing card one - but, again, based in the USA.

Debra

Whoops. You don't want from the US.
A hobby woodworker could make this easily.

Le Fanu

A hobby woodworker could make this easily.
I know, I keep thinking this - and if only I had the required skills but - hey - THANK you - between you, you have located exactly what I wanted! :*